Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
Healthy Snacking = Brussel Sprouts
Mini cabbages with bacon is so delish! Bacon makes everything better! These bacon brussel sprouts are a wonderful no-carb snack that can be prepped ahead.
Trim the stems of the Brussel sprouts, and remove any leaves that may be in danger of falling off.
Next, add them to a medium-sized pot with the unsalted chicken broth. Add water if needed to cover completely. Add hot red pepper flakes, honey, salt, and pepper. Local honey is even better as is might help with seasonal allergies.
Bring the pot to a boil, and cook for ten minutes. Remove, and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking. When cool enough to handle…
Wrap each Brussel sprout in one piece of bacon and secure in with a toothpick, place on a baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 40 minutes or until the bacon has browned. Or grill on the top rack for 40 minutes, turning halfway through to brown bacon evenly until cooked.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 pints fresh Brussel sprouts
- 32 ounces unsalted chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Trim and clean Brussel Sprouts, add to medium-sized pot with chicken broth, hot red pepper flakes, honey, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil then cook for ten minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Wrap each Brussel Sprout in bacon, secure with toothpick. Place on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 40 minutes or until bacon is golden brown. To grill, place on top rack of preheated grill to cook, and turn halfway through cooking time. Cool, then serve immediately.
*Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.