Last Updated on June 21, 2020 by Tina
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken is a delicious and cheesy delight that can be made ahead then grilled easily. This dish present very nicely when sliced and is sure to impress your guests.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Prep the chicken breasts
Choose large boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are cleaned and trimmed. Cut in half nearly all the way through lengthwise in order to butterfly the meat for stuffing.
Using a meat mallet or rolling pin flatten the meat so it is relatively the same thickness. Season both sides of the chicken with your favorite BBQ rub.
Filling the chicken
Each chicken breast will use one jalapeno. Slice your jalapenos in half long ways then remove the seeds and membranes.
Combine the softened cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Generously fill one half with the cream cheese mixture and top with the other half of the jalapeno.
Take one jalapeno and place on one half of the prepared chicken breast. Wrap over the other side, and then wrap the entire prepare chicken breast with bacon strips. Use a couple of toothpicks to secure everything together.
Cooking the stuffed chicken breasts
These can be cooked on the grill or in the oven. Preheat the grill, and cook these on the grill on indirect heat for about an hour or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees. Baste with BBQ sauce at the end.
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Cook for the same amount of time basting at the end with the BBQ sauce once the chicken reaches the done temperature.
Remove the chicken and tent with foil from either the oven or grill. Allow the chicken to rest for about ten minutes then serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 jalapenos sliced in half lengthwise, membrane and seeds removed
- 1 pound bacon
- BBQ rub to taste
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
Cream cheese filling and jalapenos
- Combine softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese in small bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Fill one half of each jalapeno with cream cheese filling, and then cap with the other half. Set aside while preparing chicken.
Preparing the chicken
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise to butterfly. Pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is an even thickness. Season with your favorite BBQ rub on both sides.
- Place one prepared jalapeno onto one half of the chicken breast, and fold over the other side.
- Wrap with bacon, and secure the chicken at the seam with a couple of toothpicks.
Cooking the chicken on the grill
- Preheat the grill, and place the chicken on indirect heat to cook. Turn during cooking. Cook for one hour or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees.
- Brush with BBQ sauce at the end when you take the chicken out. Allow the chicken to rest tented for about 10 minutes.
Cooking the chicken in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees, place the chicken in the oven on a baking sheet. Cook for one hour or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165-degrees.
- Brush with BBQ sauce at the end when you take the chicken out. Tent and allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.