Summer is here, and nothing says good cookout like Easy BBQ Smoked Ribs!
Properly smoked ribs are an easy dish to master if you’re in the know for the right technique. Find yourself 1-3 racks of ribs. Your preference if you want baby back ribs or regular ribs. I use regular ribs. For easier handling the ribs can be cut in half when trimming the meat.
First, remove what is know as the ‘silver skin’ from the inside of the ribs next to the bone. The ‘silver skin’ is a thin but tough membrane that covers the top portion of the bones. You can peel this off with a paper towel, and if it is hard to get started then it can be peeled a little with a sharp knife then torn off.
Season all over, and I mean ALL over with your favorite pork rub. My favorite is listed in my Usual Suspects list below.
Preheat your smoker, and place ribs in the smoker. Rib side down, and fat cap up. Smoke at 225-degrees for 3 hours.
Remove from smoker, and place ribs in aluminum foil without covering over top. Leave enough foil to cover after the next step. It will be like a setting them in a basket of foil. Pour Eastern North Carolina Sauce over the ribs, do not cover completely. About 1/2 cup per rack of ribs. Finish covering with foil, seal. Put back in the smoker for 2 hours.
Take ribs out of smoker, and remove aluminum foil. Put back in the smoker for 1 hour to firm up the ribs. If the heat is less than 225-degrees this is okay, but it must be at a minimum of 185-degrees. The meat will have receded from the end of the bone by about 1/4-inch when done.
Enjoy your Easy BBQ Smoked Ribs!
Easy BBQ Smoked Ribs
- 1-3 racks baby back or regular ribs
- pork rub
- 1 recipe Eastern North Carolina BBQ Sauce
- Cut rib racks in half, and trim to clean.
- Cover with pork rub on all sides. Place in smoker for three hours. Fat cap up and rib side down.
- Remove from smoker, place in aluminum foil, pour 1/2 cup Eastern North Carolina BBQ sauce over ribs, and finish covering with foil. Seal and place back on smoker for two hours.
- Take ribs from smoker, and remove from foil. Place in smoker for one additional hour.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.