Peanut butter cookies are the bomb, but easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are even better! I was looking for a sweet treat that could curb my craving but didn't want something so over the top that I would go into sugar shock. I decided I would add chocolate to my usual peanut butter cookies.
My peanut butter chocolate chip cookies turned out great, and fit the bill perfectly!
First preheat the oven to 375 degrees, then beat together in a bowl the sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, and egg. Then add the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. This recipe for easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are quick to make, and fun to put together with the kiddo's!
Once that is mixed together, stir in the chocolate chips.
I used to make these with my grandmother, and the best part besides taste testing the dough was making up the cookies. It was just pure joy for a small child looking to help out to roll them into one-inch balls, and then making those lovely crisscross patterns in the dough. She sprinkled them with even more sugar before they went into the oven!
Roll your dough into one-inch balls, and place about two-inches apart on the baking sheet.
Dip a fork in water, coat in sugar, and make a crisscross pattern in the dough to slightly flatten.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and the edges are set. Cool for 7 minutes, and then enjoy! Can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup shortening, butter flavored
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, and egg in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in chocoloate chips.
- Roll dough into one-inch balls about two-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Dip a fork in water, coat with sugar, and make a crisscross pattern on the dough flattening slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven to cool for 7 minutes then serve immediately.