Nothing beats a good quick bread. It's simple, and easy to make. This healthier chocolate banana oat bread is packed with protein. This makes a great grab and go breakfast that can be made ahead and kept on hand for breakfast during the work week.
As long as what I'm presenting to my kids is portable, quick, and filled with chocolate they are on board for a quick breakfast with this healthier chocolate banana oat bread.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl combine one 5.3 ounce container of vanilla cinnamon Greek yogurt, mashed banana, melted butter, honey, egg, and egg white. Then add all of the dry ingredients: flour, quick cooking oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Combine together.
Then fold in milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
Bake in a bread pan or cast iron pan for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Healthier Chocolate Banana Oat Bread
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5.3 ounces Greek yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon flavor
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan or cast iron skillet.
- Combine all ingredients up to honey in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Fold in all chocolate chips, and put batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.