I was really on the hunt for a great pork recipe that I could basically just throw in my Instant Pot when I walked in the door after work that was quick but still healthy. With just a little prep work the night before I was able to get dinner on the table in about thirty minutes with some quick side dishes. My Instant Pot Garlic Ginger Soy Pork Tenderloin was the perfect fit!
I had found pork tenderloins on sale, and was dying to try a new marinade recipe that I thought would work out great in the Instant Pot for a quick weeknight meal. These are the smaller pork tenderloins that are sold in a pack of two at the butcher. They are considered the backstrap or filet mignon of the pig. This recipe could be done using pork chops, or a small cut of the larger pork loin. However, if you are using the larger pork loin I would increase the cooking time accordingly. It's even better because it's a dump-and-push start recipe. 🙂
Combine in a measuring cup or small bowl the olive oil, red wine vinegar, reduced sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, red pepper flakes, pepper, fresh ginger, garlic, and green onions. Whisk together until combined well. Take your pork tenderloins and place them in a plastic bag or container with a tight fitting lid. Pour marinade over them, and place them in the refrigerator overnight or up to 24 hours.
The next morning flip the tenderloins over in the container or plastic bag.
Place the rack that came with your Instant Pot inside the insert, add the chicken broth, marinated pork tenderloins, and remaining marinade to the cooker. Being a frugal cook, I reused the remaining marinade as part of the soon to be sauce. Cook on saute for a few minutes in order to be able to reuse the marinade. The boiling action for about five minutes will kill any bacteria from the raw pork. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Once completed release the pressure according to your manufacturers directions.
Remove tenderloins to a plate, and cover with aluminum foil to rest. Remove the rack. Turn the Instant Pot on to saute. Combine cornstarch and water. Slice a few green onions, and add to broth along with the cornstarch slurry. Cook until thickened.
Serve the Instant Pot Garlic Ginger Soy Pork Tenderloin with the gravy along with some green vegetables, and rice or potatoes. It's also great with buttered cauliflower rice or my Delicious Summer Squash Casserole Recipe!
Instant Pot Garlic Ginger Soy Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pork tenderloins the small tenderloin, not the larger pork loin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp molasses
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- sliced green onions for serving, optional
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, reduced sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, and green onions in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- Place pork tenderloins in a plastic bag or airtight container, and pour marinade over them. Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Put rack that came with Instant Pot in pot insert. Add marinated pork tenderloins, chicken broth, and remaining marinade to Instant Pot. Turn to saute and cook for about five minutes. Then cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Once complete, release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Remove pork tenderloins to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Remove rack from Instant Pot, and set to saute.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Slice additional green onions if desired. Add to Instant Pot and stir until thickened. Serve drizzled over pork.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects