Keto Broccoli Chicken Bake is a great way to stay on track, and is so simple to make. I love that I can pick up some rotisserie chicken on the way home and then throw together some pantry staples to have a great meal for everyone in the family.
I am excited to share this recipe with from my friend Urvashi Pitre's new cookbook Easy Keto in 30 Minutes which she gifted to me for review. All the opinions below are my own, and I was not paid for this review.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Prepping and baking the chicken casserole
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees, and spray a 9-inch square baking dish or pie plate with cooking spray. I did double this recipe, and used a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Break down the rotisserie chicken into its different parts, remove the skin to the trash, and remove the meat. Chop the chicken.
Combine the chopped chicken, thawed broccoli, cheese, cream, bouillon paste (if using), and pepper. Pour into your prepared pan. Top with sliced almonds, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake about 15 - 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Increase the cooking time for about 15 - 20 minutes if you doubled the recipe. Let stand 5 minutes prior to serving to allow it to thicken slightly.
My thoughts on this cookbook
I really enjoyed that this book had a great introduction for beginners about the basics of the Keto diet. This included how to calculate macros, suggestions for no-cook snacks, and how to get back to basics.
Overall, the easy to find ingredients and conveniently short cook times you should be able to find lots of recipes to fit a keto or low-carb diets. The meals offer lots of variation to keep things interesting. I really love that each recipe also indicates other special diet considerations like egg-free or soy-free recipes.
Broccoli Chicken Bake is excerpted from Easy Keto in 30 Minutes: More than 100 Ketogenic Recipes from Around the World Â© 2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography Â© 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Keto Broccoli Chicken Bake
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets thawed
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon paste optional
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400Â°F. Spray a 9-inch squarebaking dish or 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Â In a large bowl, stir together the broccoli,chicken, cheese, cream, bouillon paste (if using), and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Top withthe almonds and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.