Everyone needs a quick meal in their recipe box that takes just a few minutes to prepare and is healthy to eat. I'm trying to stay on track with my healthy eating goals so I decided to try my new spiralizer to see what the fuss was with zoodles. I quickly put together this Keto Shrimp Scampi Zoodle Skillet that was on the table in about 20-minutes! It was delicious, and an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep option!
Start off by peeling and deveining your shrimp then set it aside on a small bowl. Spiralize two large zucchini, and slice a handful of mushrooms. Slice the green onions then set aside.
Preheat a medium skillet, melt unsalted butter, and olive oil in pan. Toss in the shrimp. Salt and pepper to taste then add the hot red pepper flakes. Let cook for two minutes then add the minced garlic.
Add the minced garlic and cook for about a minute. Toss in the zucchini, sliced mushrooms, and green onions.
Cook for an additional five to seven minutes or until the shrimp is pink, and the vegetables are softened. Add several drops of lemon juice to finish. Serve immediately and enjoy your Keto Shrimp Scampi Zoodle Skillet!
Keto Shrimp Scampi Zoodle Skillet
- ½ - ¾ pounds shrimp peeled, and deveined
- 2 large zucchini spiralized
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup whole plum tomatoes
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and hot red pepper flakes to taste
- Several drops of lemon juice
- Peel and devein the shrimp then set aside. Spiralize the zucchini, slice the mushrooms, and slice the green onions.
- Preheat a medium skillet on medium heat. Add the unsalted butter and olive oil to pan.
- Add shrimp to pan. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and hot red pepper flakes. Cook for two minutes.
- Add minced garlic, zoodles, mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions to pan. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes or until shrimp is cooked, and vegetables have softened slightly.
- Squeeze several drops of lemon juice over the dish and serve immediately.
- Serve immediately. May store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.