Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
I adore cranberry sauce, but I don’t like the fact that it takes so long to make on the stove top. Sometimes it turns out perfect, sometimes it doesn’t…. and forget about doing it in the crockpot! The one time I tried that it wouldn’t thicken properly! I don’t really care for the canned stuff, but I understand some folks do. So, I thought why not try it out in the Instant Pot! It turned out to be the star of the show for some Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce that takes very little time, and it makes me thankful this holiday season for my Instant Pot!
Cranberries are native to North America, and are a favorite staple on Thanksgiving. Cranberries are a bit sour on their own as they contain very little sugar naturally. They are good for you, and are considered a “super-food” because they are high in antioxidants. They can be cooked on their own as a sauce, the dried version can be added to dressing side dishes, in main course dishes, or in desserts. Cranberry sauce can be kept in an airtight storage container for up to two weeks. Not just a fruit for the holidays this Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce can be used as a spread on toast, top your morning yogurt, or eaten with turkey day leftovers.
Prep the cranberries
Start by rinsing the cranberries, removing any stems, and picking out the mushy ones.
Combine the ingredients
Combine in the Instant Pot the rinsed and picked over cranberries along with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (optional), grated orange zest, orange peel, and orange juice.
Cook the cranberries
Give the ingredients a bit of a gentle stir, and then close the lid to seal. Cook on high pressure for two minutes, followed by a 15 minute natural pressure release according to your manufacturers instructions. Once complete, open the pressure cooker and stir the Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce. Put on the saute function and stir for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to two weeks.
Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries rinsed, and picked over
- 2/3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice roughly 2 naval oranges
- 3-4 strips orange peel
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp nutmeg optional
- Rinse the cranberries, remove any stems, and pick out the mushy ones to throw away.
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and give them a gentle stir to combine.
- Close and seal lid then cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, follow with a 15-minute natural pressure release.
- Set to saute function, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Stir constantly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.