Last updated 12/09/2019
Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce takes very little time, and makes a great Thanksgiving side dish with turkey or ham. A delicate balance of sweetness with warm touches of cinnamon and nutmeg with a delightful zest of fresh Naval orange which also makes a wonderful yogurt topping. This would pair perfectly with my Instant Pot Apple Cider Turkey Breast!
My Newest Recipe
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
All about cranberries
Cranberries are native to North America, and are a favorite staple on Thanksgiving. This curious fruit grown in a bog are a bit sour on their own as they contain very little sugar naturally. They are good for you, and are considered a “super-food” because they are high in antioxidants.
Cranberries can be cooked on their own as a sauce. They can be dried then added to dressing side dishes, in main course dishes, or in desserts.
Not just a fruit for the holidays this Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce can be used as a spread on toast, top your morning yogurt, or eaten with turkey day leftovers.
Prep the cranberries
Start by rinsing the cranberries, careful to remove any stems, and picking out the mushy ones as you go along.
Combine the ingredients
Combine in the Instant Pot the rinsed and picked over cranberries along with the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (optional), grated orange zest, orange peel, and orange juice.
Cook the cranberries
Give the ingredients a bit of a gentle stir, and then close the lid to seal. Cook on high pressure for two minutes, followed by a 15-minute natural pressure release according to your manufacturers instructions.
Once complete, open the pressure cooker and stir the Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce. Put on the saute function and stir for 2-3 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.
Cranberry sauce can be kept in an airtight storage container for up to two weeks.
Easy Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 24 ounces fresh cranberries rinsed, and picked over
- 2/3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice roughly 2 naval oranges
- 3-4 strips orange peel
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp nutmeg optional
- Rinse the cranberries, remove any stems, and pick out the mushy ones to throw away.
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and give them a gentle stir to combine.
- Close and seal lid then cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, follow with a 15-minute natural pressure release.
- Set to saute function, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Stir constantly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.