This creamy and delicious pasta is a fantastic "dump-and-go" recipe. Instant pot olive garden chicken pasta can be finished in 30 minutes, making it great for a quick weeknight meal!
Why this works
- Quick - basically just dump almost all the ingredients in then cook it just like my Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatball recipe.
- Feeds a crowd - Instant Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta is sure to feed the entire family with heaping servings and maybe even leftovers! It sure does feed a crowd like fettuccine alfredo or chicken and noodles.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Chicken - I recommend boneless skinless chicken breast but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- Pasta - you can use any pasta that has an 8- to 10-minute cook time.
- Sun-dried tomatoes - I enjoy adding the tomatoes but you can omit them if you want
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing - is commonly found in most grocery stores and can be ordered online. However, you can substitute with Zesty Italian dressing if you cannot find it.
How to make this
Step 1: Cooking the chicken and pasta
Slice the chicken into strips and add to the Instant Pot with pepper and Creole seasoning. Toss it all together to coat the chicken.
Add the pasta on top of the chicken but DO NOT stir. Pour the Olive Garden Italian Dressing evenly over the pasta.
Plop the block of cream cheese on top of the pasta and pour the chicken broth over all the ingredients.
Cook on high pressure for 4-minutes followed by a controlled quick release.
(A controlled quick release means that you release the pressure in short bursts. This will prevent pasta water from spraying you or your cabinets.)
Step 2: Finishing the chicken pasta
Once the pressure is released, stir the cream cheese into the pasta.
Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, and stir it into the pasta.
Add in the Parmesan cheese ½ cup at a time. Stir everything together until everything is melted and creamy.
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. This can be frozen for up to three months.
Be sure to add in the parmesan cheese ½ cup at a time to make sure it all blends well.
Add a little basil and fresh oregano at the end to give more flavor to the dish.
The chicken can be seasoned and marinated for a couple of hours prior to cooking if you want a more infused flavor.
Yes, just half the time and subtract a minute for the new cooking time. As long as it's at least 4 minutes then you're good.
Use a Zesty or Robust Italian dressing if you can't find the original dressing called for in the recipe.
Serve this Instant Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta with some air fryer garlic bread and a salad. This can be served with green vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, or green beans too. Or make it a total Olive Garden evening with some toasted ravioli.
Storage & reheating
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. This can be frozen for up three months, and thawed in the refrigerator prior to reheating.
More pasta recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Instant Pot Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 16-ounce box penne pasta
- ¾ cup Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth I used unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese full or reduced fat
- 1 8.5-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese
Equipment You Might Need
- Slice chicken into strips and add to the Instant Pot.
- Add the pepper, and Creole seasoning to the chicken then toss to coat.
- Add the pasta on top of the chicken but DO NOT stir. Pour the Olive Garden Italian Dressing evenly over the pasta.
- Lay the block of cream cheese on top of the pasta.
- Pour the chicken broth over all the ingredients.
- Cook on high pressure for 4-mintues followed by a controlled quick release. A controlled quick release means that you release the pressure in short bursts. This will prevent pasta water from spraying you or your cabinets.
- Once the pressure is release, stir the cream cheese into the pasta.
- Drain the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, and stir into the pasta.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese ½ cup at a time. Stir everything together until everything is melted and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or stir in an airtight container for up to one week. This can be frozen for up to three months.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!