Instant Pot Coconut Rice is an easy side dish with a slightly sweet taste that is a great compliment to any chicken, fish, or pork dish! Quickly made in the Instant Pot with a ten minute cook time.
What is coconut rice?
This is a dish that is cooked by soaking rice in coconut milk with a little bit of sugar and salt. It originates from Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa where it is often a staple on dinner tables.
Cooking the coconut rice in the Instant Pot at least halves the amount of cooking time versus the stove. This recipe is adapted from Pressure Cooking Today.
Preparing the rice
This is a quick recipe to put together. First rinse your Jasmine rice, and add to the pot.
Add sugar, salt, water, and coconut milk. I use full fat coconut milk. Stir everything together.
Cooking and serving the rice
Seal the lid on the pressure cooker, and cook on high pressure (normal) for three minutes followed by a seven minute natural pressure release. When fiished stir and fluff the rice.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
How to make it
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 ½ cups Jasmine rice rinsed
- 16.7 ounces coconut milk full fat
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir.
- Seal lid and cook on high pressure (normal) for three minutes then follow with a seven minute natural pressure release.
- Fluff rice, and serve immediately. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.