I am always looking for new and innovative ways to prepare salmon. It's such a healthy fish and the family adores it!
So when I discovered the Backwoods Gourmet Channel on YouTube and his recipe for this delicious smoked salmon I was over the moon! Absolutely, tickled pink! I was very happy to find a recipe that was so easy to follow and reliably delicious! Incredible Healthy Smoked Salmon is a delightful and easy summer meal that can be an exciting addition to your weekend or weeknight dinners or meal prep! Who am I kidding, any time of the year. 😉
Sooo....start with some salmon filets...farmed or fresh. Trim and leave the skin on.
This is a low-sodium dry-brine, for the traditional dry brine head on over to the Backwoods Gourmet Channel.
Season the salmon to taste with pepper, ground mustard, cayenne pepper, fresh dill, and Everglades seasoning to taste. If you have a bit of a heavy hand here it is not a bad thing, as later in the process the salmon will be rinsed. Just sayin...
Once seasoned, sprinkle with the brown sugar...if following the original recipe...do not forget the salt...
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Wrap in plastic on a platter for up to 24 hours but not less than 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Once brined, remove and rinse the salmon. Prepare your smoker for grilling. Remove the salmon to a tray.
It is so pretty!!! It has to be mouthwatering and delicious, yes? Well, yes it is! Place in the smoker and cook until done at an internal temperature of 145-degrees.
While we wait for the salmon to smoke, quickly mix together the sauce. Add to one small bowl the mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, fresh dill, Old Bay, and salt to taste cover, then place in the refrigerator for no less than one hour.
Note: If desired, you can mix the sauce earlier so the flavors can marry better over a longer period of time. Results = even more delish!
Serve your Incredible Healthy Smoked Salmon as a main dish with brown rice and asparagus or in a favorite salad! Can be served hot or cold, and kept in an airtight container for up to three days.
Incredible Healthy Smoked Salmon
- 2 pieces salmon fresh or farmed
- Pepper, ground mustard, cayenne pepper, Everglades seasoning to taste
- 1 cup brown sugar enough to cover
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp dill fresh
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- salt to taste
- Trim salmon. Season with pepper, ground mustard, cayenne pepper, and Everglades seasoning.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar until covered. Put in an airtight container or cover platter with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and rinse with water. Remove to tray. Prepare smoker. Place salmon in smoker, and cook until done or to an internal temperature of 145-degrees.
- Mix in a small bowl the mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, fresh dill, Old Bay seasoning, and salt to taste. Refrigerate for one hour or longer.