Dutch Oven Roasted Potatoes are a quick and easy way to make a delicious side dish in your Instant Precision Dutch Oven. A creamy interior texture that is pure heaven with a slightly crispy exterior.
Why this works
- Keep your cool - no need to heat up the kitchen to get delicious Dutch Oven Roasted Potatoes. You could serve these with some stuffed pork chops!
- Delicious - this cooks itself with the occasional stir like my authentic Bolognese sauce.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Potatoes - these should be a waxy variety like red or Yukon gold. Either the baby potatoes or the small reds will work.
- Chives - you can use any herb you like here. Parsley or rosemary will be fine as well.
How to make this
Preheat the Instant Precision Dutch Oven on saute/sear mode. Set the time to 40-minutes.
Add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted add the potatoes and salt.
Cook stirring every 10-minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Note: if using small red potatoes instead of baby-size then peel a strip of the skin off around the middle.
During the last 2-minutes of cooking add in the minced garlic and chives. If desired, add an extra pat of butter. Stir to coat the potatoes.
When selecting potatoes make sure they are the small waxy variety. Choose small to medium-sized potatoes that are all about the same size. Depending on the sizes of your potatoes they make take less or more time to cook. Always make sure to test for doneness at the end.
No, russet potatoes are best for baking and will not hold their shape as well. Also, russet potatoes are too large for this recipe.
If they are large then yes you may want to boil them slightly prior to roasting them.
Storage & reheating
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to three days. These can be frozen for up to one month after cooking and thawed in the refrigerator. However, these are best served fresh.
More Instant Dutch Oven recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Instant Dutch Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 2 ½ pounds small red potatoes can also use small white or Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoons chives
Equipment You Might Need
- Peel a small strip of potato peel off from the vegetable.
- Preheat the Instant Precision Dutch oven to saute for 30-minutes. Melt butter, and add olive oil to pot.
- Add the potatoes and salt. Toss to coat with butter-oil mixture and salt.
- Cook covered, stirring once every ten minutes to promote even browning of the potato.
- In the last two-mintues of cooking remove the lid. Add the minced garlic and chives then toss to coat. Cook an additional one-minute prior to serving.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to three days.
- To freeze wrap individually in foil and plastic for up to one month. Thaw in the refrigeator prior to reheating.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Dutch Oven Recipes!