I scream, you all scream, we all scream for…stuffed pork loin! A versatile and forgiving dish that can pretty much be stuffed with anything you like. I chose a bacon wrapped pork loin stuffed with herbed goat cheese, spinach, & mushroom stuffed pork loin. This is the very first time that I have tried it wrapped in bacon, and the results were amazing!
I used about a three-pound pork loin with the fat cap trimmed off. Since we are wrapping this in bacon there will be plenty of fat to keep the meat moist. You will need to take your knife to make a cut the length of the loin about a half-inch from the bottom of the loin. The first cut will need to stop about 3/4 through the loin.
Open the pork to get ready to make your second cut to the loin. Take your knife along the center part and make a second cut in order to open the pork loin to make it flat. At this point you can choose to keep it as is or trim the pork to your liking.
Season the inside of the pork loin with salt, pepper, and Everglades Original seasoning. If you don’t have any you can purchase some through the link below or substitute with seasoned salt.
To prepare the filling combine the goat cheese, chives, parsley, salt, and pepper. Place this in the refrigerator to chill while we prep the veggies. Chop the shallots and cook in a pan over medium heat in olive oil and butter until softened. Add sliced mushrooms, and spinach. Salt and pepper the mixture. Allow the mixture to cook until the spinach is wilted. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant about two minutes.
Next, spread the chilled goat cheese mixture over the pork loin leaving room at the edges. We leave space around the edges so all of our filling doesn’t spill out when we roll the loin. Top with the mushroom spinach mixture. Roll the pork loin carefully, ending seam side down. Season the outside of the pork loin roll with salt, pepper, and Everglades Original seasoning.
Wrap slices of bacon loosely around the pork roll until covered from end-to-end, tucking the ends of the bacon under the roll. I placed a few pieces of bacon on the bottom of my baking pan as well. Place the pork loin roll into your baking pan carefully.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about an hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145-degrees. If desired add some fresh cut vegetables for roasting with the pork. Tent after taking out of the oven for ten minutes then serve immediately. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Pork Loin Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese, Spinach, & Mushrooms
- 3 pound pork loin trimmed of fat cap
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 whole shallots chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 handful fresh chives
- 1/2 handful fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You will need to take your knife to make a cut the length of the loin about a half-inch from the bottom of the loin. The first cut will need to stop about 3/4 through the loin.
- Open the pork to get ready to make your second cut to the loin. Take your knife along the center part and make a second cut in order to open the pork loin to make it flat. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and Everglades seasoning.
- Combine goat cheese, chives, parsley together. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Saute chopped shallots until softened, add mushrooms and spinach to pan. Once softened add garlic and cook about two minutes or until fragrant.
- Put goat cheese mixture on inside of pork loin, keep open space at the edges. Top with mushroom spinach mixture.
- Roll pork loin until you reach the end, and place seam side down. Cover loosely with bacon, tucking the ends under the bottom of the pork loin roll.
- Place a few pieces of bacon on the bottom of baking pan, and then set the bacon-wrapped pork loin on top.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about an hour or until the internal temperature reaches 145-degrees. Remove from oven, tent with foil, and rest for ten minutes prior to serving.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.