Instant Pot Applesauce is an easy way to make delicous no-peel homemade applesauce! Ready for snacking in about 30 minutes, and a nutritious sugar optional recipe.
Why this works
- 5-ingredients only - just a few ingredients which are easy to find in your pantry.
- Quick - done cooking in just minutes!
- No peeling - no need to peel with the cooking time, and using the immersion blender.
- Healthy snacking - perfect snack to satisfy a sweet tooth for toddlers and adults alike. If you're feeling like a savory snack then try out some Air Fryer Chickpeas!
Ingredients you will need
- Apples - the sweeter the apple the less sugar or no sugar you will need to add once it's cooked. You can also blend together different types of apples - sweet or sour, your choice!
- Sugar - you can substitute an equivalent amount of any sweetener you normally use. Or, this can be left out entirely.
- Water - can use apple juice or apple cider instead. This will eliminate the need for added sugar as well.
How to make this
Step 1: Prepare apples and cook applesauce
Cut apples into 2-inch chunks with the peel on. If you don't plan to use the immersion blender then peel the apples. Add the water, lemon juice, and cinnamon then stir.
Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes and follow with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
Step 2: Finishing the applesauce
Add the sugar or other sweetener if you are using. Be sure to taste the applesauce prior to adding a sweetener as you may not need it. Stir, and use the immersion blender to break smooth the applesauce and blend the peels.
To thicken this applesauce, drain the liquid prior to stirring or blending. Add in liquid as needed.
Yes, apples lose flavor rapidly when overcooked. Much longer than forty minutes and you are overcooking them.
Yes, it will thicken naturally.
Make a cornstarch slurry of equal parts cornstarch and water. Set the Instant Pot to saute and add to desired consistency.
Serve on it's on as a snack or after a large dinner for a dessert. Add to ice cream or yogurt as a yummy topping. Add to oatmeal for a delicious breakfast. This is delicious with my Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Loin!
Store in an airtight container for up to one week. This can be frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator prior serving.
More snack recipes
How to video
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 8 apples cored, chopped into 2-inch pieces, optional to peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar optional
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- Core, and slice the apples then put in pressure cooker. You can peel the apples if you want.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Seal the lid, cook on high pressure for 15 minutes then follow with a 10-minute natural pressure release.
- Mash or pulse with an immersion blender. The peels will be broken down but use an immersion blender to completely blend with sauce.
- Serve immediately or cool in fridge then serve. Can store in an airtight for up to one week.