Instant Pot Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake is a bit like having a slice of cherry cordial candy on your plate! A chocolate graham cracker crust with a cherry flavored cheesecake with a layer of Magic Shell then topped with Maraschino cherries. How heavenly does that sound? This is a perfect dessert to follow my Instant Pot Sirloin Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy.
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
What is a cherry cordial?
Originally, a cordial was a type of drink that people thought settled the an upset tummy or that invigorated the heart. In France, they started out as simple chocolate covered cherries. Once they reached America in the 1800's confectioners were soaking the cherries in cordial alcohol. Eventually real cherries were substituted with the Maraschino cherry when it arrived on the scene in 1928. If you like to read more about this sweet confection read this article here.
Prepare the cheesecake crust
Crush six full chocolate graham cracker wafers. I like to put them in a plastic bag to crush them, so much less mess. Put them in a small bowl along with the sugar and melted butter. Stir until all of the crushed wafers are coated in butter.
Pat the graham cracker mixture into a greased 7-inch springform pan. Wrap the bottom in aluminum foil, and place in the refrigerator.
Prepare the filling for cherry chocolate cheesecake filling
Combine the softened cream cheese and sugar into mixer to beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time. Add in the flour, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract. Then add in the one remaining ingredient the cherry jam! I used my Easy Instant Pot Cherry Jam, but you can use store bought if you like. 🙂
Once the filling is ready pour into the springform pan, and cover the tightly with foil.
Cook and finish the cheesecake
Put two cups of water in the Instant Pot, and place the covered cheesecake in the pressure cooker on top of the rack.
Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes and follow with a 10 minute natural pressure release. Remove the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely. Once done place in refrigerator for eight hours or over night to set.
Once you have your cheesecake safely onto a plate it time to put on the Magic Shell (by the way, I am in no way being compensated by them for this post). Take the lid off and pour onto the top of the cheesecake to cover to the edge. Put the Maraschino cherries on top. Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens.
Instant Pot Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake
- 6 chocolate graham cracker wafers full size
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 8-ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cherry jam see my link below for fresh, but store bought is fine
- ½ cup Magic shell or other hardening chocolate syrup
- 14 Maraschino cherries
- Crush the graham crackers and put in bowl. Add the sugar and melted butter and stir until combined. Press into the bottom of a greased 7-inch springform pan. Cover the bottom of the pan with foil then put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Put the softened cream cheese and sugar in the mixer then beat to combine. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the heavy whipping cream, flour, and vanilla mix together. Add the cherry jam, and fold in well.
- Pour into prepared springform pan, and cover completed with foil. Put 1 ½ cups of water in Instant Pot. Place the pan in the pressure cooker on top of rack. Seal the lid according to your manufacturer's directions to cook on high pressure for 35 minutes then follow with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Once cool place in the refrigerator for eight hours or overnight.
- Remove from springform pan then place on plate. Pour Magic Shell on top of cheesecake. Place cherries on top, and allow to harden for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to one week.