Peach crisp is quick and easy dessert that can be whipped up in no time to help finish up a delicious dinner! This recipe features spiced cooked peaches with an oatmeal crisp topping that will be an instant hit with your family and friends! Pair this with Sweet Heat Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs and Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese for a great meal!
Why Peach Crisp?
Whether you call it a peach crisp or peach cobbler this dessert is a popular dish that requires very few ingredients. According to the Culture Trip this popular dessert became a favorite of settlers on the trail as fruit became scarce as they traveled westward. An easy recipe that could use canned fruit or fresh then thrown into a Dutch oven to cook over an open fire.
A sweet dessert that can be sugary or spiced topped with pantry staple ingredients then served with ice cream this is a great follow-up to any BBQ that will satisfy every sweet tooth!
Prep the filling
This Instant Pot Peach Crisp is made with canned peaches but you could use fresh as well. Start out by draining two cans of peaches, but reserve 3 tablespoons of the juice. Put the peaches, reserved juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves into a bowl then stir to combine well.
Grease the inside of a 7-inch pan (I used a 7-inch Fat Daddio pan) with either butter or non-stick spray. Pour the peach mixture into the prepared pan.
Prep the topping
Combine in a small bowl the flour, oats, dark brown sugar, and dash of salt. You can substitute the flour with almond flour to make this gluten-free.
Cooking the peach crisp
Put one cup of water in the pressure cooker, and then place the prepared cobbler inside on the rack. Seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes then follow with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
Remove the pan from the Instant Pot and remove the foil. Place in the oven and broil for 5 to 10 minutes until brown and crisp. You can also put this in the air fryer at 370-degrees for 15 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Additional tips for a great crisp
Add ¼ cup of chopped pecans to the topping if you like to add nuts. Toasting them first in the air fryer or oven will give an extra layer of yummy flavor.
Add some dried cranberries to the filling for a little fall flavor.
Top with either vanilla ice cream or whipped topping for extra goodness.
Substitute with almond flour to make this gluten-free.
Serve immediately with scoops of ice cream, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Instant Pot Spiced Peach Crisp
Peach Crisp Filling
- 2 cans peaches 14.5 ounce cans, may substitute with fresh
- 3 tbsp peach juice reserved from can
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
Peach Crisp Topping
- ½ cup flour for gluten free substitute with almond flour
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- dash of salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter cut into pats, may substitute with salted
- Combine all ingredients from the Peach Crisp filling group to a medium bowl, and stir to combine well. Grease a 7-inch pan, and pour the filling in.
- Combine all ingredients except the butter to a small bowl, and stir to combine. Top peaches evenly with the mixture. Place the butter pats on top of the filling. Cover the pan with foil.
- Put one cup of water in the Instant Pot. Put pan inside on top of rack. Seal, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes then follow with a 5 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove from pressure cooker, and take off the foil. Place in oven on broil for 10 - 15 minutes or until top is brown and crisp. If using the air fryer cook at 370-degrees for 15 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately, or store leftover in an airtight container for up to one week.