Last Updated on January 6, 2019 by Tina
I continued my cooking adventures with the Instant Pot this week by trying out a new dessert. I ordered up a new springform pan to fit my Instant Pot, and promptly made a sinfully decadent and delicious cheesecake. I adore this Instant Pot Golden Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake that has a Golden Oreo chocolate chip crust and filling which is topped with a white chocolate ganache with a dark chocolate whipped cream topping.
This is a great dessert to follow up your next dinner, cookout, or office potluck!
Start off by letting your cream cheese soften to room temperature. Grease the inside of a 7-inch springform pan and set aside.
To prepare the crust crush about 15 Golden Oreo cookies and combine in a bowl with the melted unsalted butter, and chocolate chips.. Press the crust into the bottom of the springform pan and slightly up the sides. Put in the freezer for about twenty minutes while you prepare the filling. Cover the bottom of the pan with foil tightly.
To prepare the filling beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time to mixture. Add to this the flour, heavy cream, and vanilla. Crush about 6 Golden Oreo's and fold into the mixture with about ½ cup of chocolate chips.
Pour the filling into the springform pan, and cover tightly with foil. Cover top and bottom with foil. By the way this beautiful Ipe and Mahogany custom cutting board was provided by Ozark Wood Finery.
Put 1 ½ cups of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot along with the rack that came with the appliance. Make a foil sling and put around the wrapped springform pan for easier removal later (about 20-inches in length). Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 35-minutes. Allow for a ten minute natural release according to the manufacturers directions. Remove the cheesecake, uncover from foil, and cool on a wire rack until it has come to room temperature.
Refrigerate overnight - I know it's hard especially when all you want to do is eat this delicious Instant Pot Golden Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!
To prepare the ganache combine the white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a small pan over low heat. Stir to combine as it cooks. When melted and combined to the thickness of your liking set aside to cool.
Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. I used a butter knife dipped in hot water to loosen the sides prior to remove the ring of the springform pan. To loosen the crust I actually used a blow torch for a few seconds to warm (of course, safely outside on the top shelf of my grill) and then slid off with a long thin spatula. You can also recover the bottom of the pan with foil, and put into an inch or two of hot water for a minute or two to loosen.
Top with prepared white chocolate ganache.
*Note: If the ganache is refrigerated it will harden, so the layer can be as thin or think as you like.
To prepare the dark chocolate whipped topping, combine the whipped cream that has been thawed in the refrigerator so it is no longer frozen with the dark chocolate syrup with a whisk until combined.
Top the cheesecake with the dark chocolate whipped topping, and top with Oreos (halved and crushed).
Enjoy your Instant Pot Golden Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with a nice cup of hot coffee!
Instant Pot Golden Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 15 Golden Oreo cookies crushed
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Golden Oreo cookies crushed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
White Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Dark Chocolate Whipped Topping
- 1 ½ cup whipped topping thawed
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate syrup
- Crush cookies and combine in a bowl with melted butter, and chocolate chips.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom of a 7-inch springform spring form pan. Press slightly up the sides of the pan. Cover bottom of pan tightly with foil.
- Place in freezer for twenty minutes.
- Beat together in a mixer the softened cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add in flour, heavy cream, and vanilla. Fold in crushed cookies and chocolate chips.
- Pour into the springform pan. Cover springform completely with foil. Put rack that came with your instant pot into the appliance, place covered cheesecake on top of rack, and add 1 ½ cups water.
- Place covered springform pan in instant pot, and lock lid. Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. Do a 10-minute natural release according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Once the cheesecake is done cooking, remove from instant pot, take off foil, and place on a wire rack to cool. Cool to room temperature. Cool 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from springform pan to serving plate. See suggestions above in blog post for ways to remove easily from pan.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Combine white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a small sauce pan. Melt over low heat, and stir until thickened. May add more chocolate to thicken or more cream to thin.
- Set aside to cool. Once cooled frost top of cheesecake.
Dark Chocolate Whipped Topping
- Combine thawed whipped frozen topping and dark chocolate syrup. Whisk together. Top cheesecake.
- May garnish with halved cookies, and/or crushed cookies.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
*Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects