These air fryer beignets are a New Orleans classic that are a breeze to make with puff pastry in just a few minutes. A great way to dress up coffee or brunch serve these with a chocolate or raspberry dipping sauce. Puffy pillows of simple pastry dusted in powdered sugar are a sweet treat anytime for everyone.
Why this works
- Travel from your table - experience a little bit of New Orleans right at your table. Serve up a dessert bar with these easy beignets and some bananas foster cheesecake.
- Breakfast in minutes - air fry a batch of these in just minutes, and they are ready to eat right away with some of your favorite coffee. Be sure to make some scones to go with these too!
- Inexpensive - a box of puff pastry and some powdered sugar from your pantry is all you need to make this. It's a fit for every budget just like my Air Fryer Chickpeas!
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Puff pastry - this can be any brand from the frozen section at your grocery store.
How to make this
Thaw your puff pastry in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes or overnight. Remove a pastry sheet and unfold onto a cutting. Cut into 3x3 rows for a total of 9 pieces per sheet.
There is no need to brush these with melted butter as they will brown up fine on their own. If you want the extra flavor then by all means go for it.
Air fry at 400-degrees for 9 minutes turning halfway through the cooking time. Put the powdered sugar in a bowl or plastic bag. Once the beignets are finished cooking immediately coat with powdered sugar in the bowl or bag.
You can thaw your pastry as far as the night before in advance. As you are air frying your pastry keep any that you are not using in the refrigerator until you are ready to work with it.
The high heat that these are air fried at are what gives the puff pastry that signature puff.
You don't for this recipe, but when you work with puff pastry you always want it to be an even thickness.
This is usually because you cooked it at to low of a temperature. Puff pastry needs to be baked in a hot oven at least 400-degrees.
Serve these air fryer beignets as breakfast or brunch with your favorite cup of coffee. You can also make a quick dipping sauce with some melted chocolate or warmed up jam.
These are best eaten immediately or the same day you make them. You can store them for up to two days in an airtight container.
More air fryer recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Beignets
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Thaw puff pastry and bring to room temperature. Bring to room temperature by leaving on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Open up a sheet of pastry on a cutting board. Cut into squares the size of thirds. Cut these squares in half for baby beignets for appetizers.
- Place in air fryer. No preheating required for this recipe. Cook at 400-degrees for 9 minutes.
- Put powdered sugar in a gallon size bag or bowl. When done cooking immediately coat the beignets in powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately, or store in airtight container for up to two days.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!