These Instant Dutch Oven Korean Pork Tacos with a cool, crunchy broccoli slaw are a sweet and tangy delight. Great for leftovers or make ahead for the week!
Why this works
- Delicious - these Instant Dutch Oven Korean Tacos will leave your family asking for them over and over again, like my one-pot Swedish meatballs.
- Simple - a few ingredients and steps will have you well on your way to making dinner. This is as simple as my vegetable beef soup recipe. Be sure to check out my conversion guide for the Instant Dutch Oven.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Pork loin - I used about a three-pound pork loin. Look for one that has a nice fat cap from your butcher for this recipe.
- Ginger - you can use the fresh paste or grate fresh ginger.
- Rice wine vinegar - you can also substitute it with white wine or apple cider vinegar. Substituting the vinegar may make the broccoli slaw taste slightly different.
- Dark brown sugar - you can also use light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar will give the recipe a sweeter taste.
- Garlic - you can use already minced garlic or smashed garlic cloves.
How to make this
Step 1: Making the sauce
Remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno. Dice the jalapeno.
In a small bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, soy sauce, diced jalapeno, rice wine vinegar, black pepper, ginger, and garlic.
Whisk all the ingredients together until the brown sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
Step 2: Cooking the pork loin
Salt and pepper both sides of the pork loin. Turn on the Instant Precision Dutch Oven to saute/sear mode.
Once the pot is preheated add a small amount of olive oil to the Dutch oven. Sear the pork loin on all sides, and then turn off the sear/saute function.
Add the prepared sauce to the Instant Dutch oven. Add ½ cup of water to the pot as well.
Cook covered on manual mode 2 at 235-degrees for 2 ½ hours or until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 165-degrees.
Halfway through the cooking time flip the pork, and check the internal temperature to prevent overcooking. It's always good to check the temperature to be sure meat is not under or over cooked.
When the pork is done cooking remove to a plate or dish then shred the meat. Return the meat to the Instant Dutch oven and toss with remaining sauce to serve.
Step 3: Making the broccoli slaw
In a large bowl combine the broccoli slaw, soy sauce, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, dark brown sugar, ginger, hot red pepper flakes, and the juice of one lime.
Mix together until all ingredients are combined and the brown sugar is dissolved. Store covered in the refrigerator until the pork has finished cooking.
The broccoli slaw and sauce can be made ahead to cut down on prep time before cooking.
This recipe can be doubled, but the pork loin will be cut into pieces to fit into the Instant Dutch Oven. Cooking time may be less if the pork is cut into smaller pieces. The sauce should also be doubled.
This can also be cooked on slow cook mode for about 6-8 hours or until done. You can check out my traditional slow cooker Korean tacos method for this as well.
If your pork loin is tough then it is likely over or under cooked. Meat thermometers are a good tool to keep an eye on the meat to be sure you cook to the proper temperature.
It likely has not cooked long enough.
These Instant Dutch Oven Korean Pork Tacos can be served with rice, kimchi, or cucumber salad. You can serve them in a tortilla or make a bowl over rice.
Storage & reheating
Serve immediately, or store leftovers for up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat leftover meat in the microwave. The leftover meat can be frozen for up to three months then thawed in the refrigerator and reheated.
How to video
More Instant Dutch Oven recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Instant Dutch Oven Korean BBQ Pork Tacos
- 3 pound pork loin seasoned with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking
- ½ cup water
Sauce for Cooking
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce I used reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 jalapeno seeded, membrane removed, and finely diced
- 1 ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon ginger fresh grated
- 4 garlic cloves smashed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounces broccoli slaw
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce I used reduced sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger fresh grated
- ⅛ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes may add more for more heat
- 1 juice of one lime
- Tortillas for serving
- Remove seeds and membrane from the jalapeno, then dice.
- In a small bowl, combine the dark brown sugar, soy sauce, jalapeno, rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Whisk until combined and sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat the Instant Dutch Oven on the sear/saute mode. Salt and pepper on both sides of the pork loin.
- Add olive oil to the preheated pot. Sear the pork loin on all sides. Once done turn off the sear/saute mode.
- Pour the sauce and ½ cup of water into the Instant Dutch Oven.
- Cook covered on manual mode 2 at 235 degrees for 2 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Turn halfway through cooking time.
- Combine all of the broccoli slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until combined and the sugar has dissolved. Cover and store in the refrigerator until the pork is ready to serve.
- Once done, remove the pork to a plate. Shred then return to the Dutch oven to toss with the remaining sauce.
- Immediately serve on tortillas, and top with broccoli slaw.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or gallon bag for up to one week. Leftover meat can be frozen for up to three months and then thawed in the refrigerator before reheating.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!
Gary Kaetzel says
I made this today and it is a new fave of mine!!!! Great taste to it and I look forward to tomorrow when I can eat more of this!! I'll make this one again and again! Thanks for a super great one!!!!
Thanks, Gary! I'm so happy you enjoyed it! 🙂 - Tina