Easy Pork Schnitzel is a quick weeknight or family dinner recipe that can be eaten year round. This is a great meal to serve up to even your pickiest eaters! A very filling and meal that I like to serve topped with my Instant Pot Quick Red Cabbage with Apples and Instant Pot Green Beans with Onions.
Instead of starting with a pork chop to pound out I use pork cube steaks to make this easier and quicker. Set up three bowls for dredging and coating. One with the flour mixture, one with beaten eggs, and one with breadcrumbs. Preheat a medium fry pan. Dredge each pork cube steak in the flour mixture, then the eggs, and then the breadcrumbs. Melt butter in pan and add some olive oil for frying.
Fry on each side for about five minutes, and then flip to cook for five minutes on the other side. Cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until when pressed the juices run clear. Turn down the heat a little if necessary for thicker cube steaks to prevent over-browning.
Once cooked serve the Easy Pork Schnitzel topped with red cabbage, and with mashed potatoes.
Serve immediately, and leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
Easy Pork Schnitzel
- 6 pork cube steaks
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl with flour then mix well.
- Preheat a medium sized frying pan, and melt butter with olive oil for frying. About a tablespoon each.
- Dredge the cube steaks starting with the flour mixture, then eggs, and lastly the breadcrumbs. Fry two at a time in pan.
- Fry for five minutes on each side. Continue cooking for an additional 8-10 minutes, flipping every so often to avoid overbrowning. Cook until juices run clear, and the pork is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.