Air Fryer Bacon Scallops are very easy and turn out perfectly cooked every time! These work well as an appetizer or entree for any occasion. Sprinkled with Cajun seasoning and wrapped in bacon these are done in 20-minutes. Pair with some coconut rice and asparagus for a quick meal.
Why this works
- Quick - done in just minutes with a few simple ingredients.
- Easy - so easy you can have some of your early arrival guests help make these while you finish up some Buffalo chicken meatballs.
- Flavor - while these are simple they definitely don't lack in flavor, and they will just delight your family.
- Cooked perfectly - these turn out so perfectly in the air fryer that I'm not cooking them any other way from now on.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Scallops - can be frozen or fresh for these. I purchased the large ones in the freezer section which were perfect for this recipe. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator.
- Bacon - if using thick-cut bacon you may need to adjust the time a few minutes longer.
- Cajun seasoning - you can also use Old Bay seasoning or seasoned salt.
How to make this
Step 1: Par-fry bacon and season scallops
Cut the bacon strips in half, and place in air fryer. Cook at 375-degrees for 3 minutes. This will par-fry the bacon so when it is cooked with the scallops they will be done at the same time.
Season the scallops with the Cajun seasoning on both sides.
Step 2: Finish the bacon scallops
Wrap each scallop in bacon and secure with a toothpick if needed. Cook in a single layer in the air fryer at 375-degrees for ten minutes. Be sure to rotate half way through the cooking time.
Scallops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 130-degrees.
Once done cooking serve immediately with melted butter.
Pat the scallops dry with paper towels prior to seasoning for best results. Par-fry all the bacon first to make it quicker.
Yes, they cook perfectly in the air fryer and quickly.
Thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or in a bowl of lukewarm water.
They can be left refrigerated for 2-3 days after thawing. Do not refreeze scallops though.
Serve on there own as an appetizer or the main star of the meal. Make some pasta and a green salad with this for a complete meal.
Storage & Reheating
These are best eaten immediately but can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days after cooking. Reheat in microwave for a minute or two. These cannot be frozen after cooking.
I loved this cookbook by Robin Fields. I was provided a copy of the cookbook for the review, but the opinions in this post are my own. It was full of simple recipes with easy to find ingredients.
The recipes I tried were delicous and reliable. After trying scallops in the air fryer I think this is the best way to make them! Be sure to check out this great cookbook!
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer” 5-Ingredient Recipe Book by Robin Fields. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Photographs by James Stefiuk. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
More air fryer recipes
How to video
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 1-ounce scallops large, and thawed
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Per the cookbook - Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. I did not preheat my air fryer and I had no issues.
- Cut bacon in half. Place bacon in the air fryer basket and cook 3 minutes. Remove bacon and wrap each scallop in one slice bacon before securing with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over scallops. Spritz scallops lightly with cooking spray and place in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, until scallops are opaque and firm and internal temperature reaches at least 130°F. Drizzle with butter. Serve warm.