In the spirit of enjoying a well-deserved day off a couple of weeks ago I decided to spend the day hanging out with my oldest son. Of course, I thought we could go out for lunch then maybe doing something fun. I was a little bummed then honored when he asked that I make something special for lunch for just the two of us. 🙂 I had recently had some chicken Caesar salad wraps at a restaurant and had really been craving some more so I decided to make Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Wraps!
First, start with some pre-cooked bacon. If you don't have any that's no problem because you can preheat your oven to 425-degrees and cook some in about twenty minutes or so on a foil-lined baking sheet (helps on clean-up) depending on how crispy you like your bacon or how thick it is you may end up cooking it a little less or a little longer. I usually turn the pans halfway through cooking, and drain off excess grease into a bowl.
While the bacon is doing it's thing in the oven, you can take the chicken and cube it. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set the Instant Pot to the saute function, and saute the chicken for about five minutes. We're really just looking to seal in some flavor, and get a little bit of color to the meat.
Next add the chicken broth, pepper, garlic powder, cream cheese, fresh grated parmesan cheese, and Caesar salad dressing to the Instant Pot. Do not stir.
Next, close and seal the lid to the Instant Pot then cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. Once done perform a quick release according to your manufacturers directions. Warning that there will be a lot of liquid. If you don't want to make wraps you could definitely serve this on pasta, rice, or cauliflower rice with crumbled bacon and cheese. If doing this, add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, but do not shred the chicken.
Remove chicken to a bowl, add an additional ¼ cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese, ⅓ cup of Caesar salad dressing, and 1 cup of the pan sauce to the chicken and shred. I layered mine with a wrap, chicken, bacon, crushed pumpernickel croutons, shredded romaine lettuce, and yes just a little more cheese. What can I say...I love cheese!
After this roll up the wrap, slice in half, and enjoy your Instant Pot Caesar Salad Wrap's for lunch. We ate ours warm but you can always store this in an airtight container to eat later in the week. You can precook the bacon, shred the lettuce, and grate the parmesan to store in snack bags for a quick grab-and-go lunch or meal prep option!
If you enjoyed this post you might like Instant Pot No Fail Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, Instant Pot Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl, or Instant Pot Omelette Bites!
Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder to taste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ⅔ cup Caesar salad dressing
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup pan sauce from Instant Pot
- Crushed pumpernickel croutons, romaine lettuce, and tortilla's for serving
- To cook bacon, line a baking sheet with foil. Cook in a preheated 425-degree oven for twenty minutes or until done. Turn halfway through baking, and drain excess grease into a bowl.
- Cube chicken. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set Instant Pot to saute function, and cook chicken in olive oil for about five minutes.
- Add chicken broth, teaspoon of pepper, 1 ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, cream cheese, ¼ cup of Parmesan, and ⅔ cup of Caesar salad dressing. Do not stir. Seal lid on Instant Pot and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes. When finished do a quick release according to your manufacturer's instructions.Â
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot. Add ¼ cup Parmesan, ⅓ cup Caesar salad dressing, and one cup of the pan sauce. Shred chicken, and combine. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- May add remaining ingredients to Instant Pot to serve on top of rice, pasta, or cauliflower rice.
Hi there! 2 questions- can you use frozen chicken and it doesn’t say when/where to add the bacon?
You can use frozen chicken, but be sure to add 7 minutes extra high pressure cooking time. The bacon can be added to the wrap or crumbled and mixed in to the chicken salad. Thanks!
Hi. What kind of Caesar dressing do you use?
I like to use Cardini's Caesar dressing. Thanks! 🙂