So, I bought these silicone molds to make my Instant Pot Omelette Bites, which I adore. However, it's the only thing I've been cooking in it! I was starting to get a little bored with my egg bites, and started wondering if there was something else I could make for breakfast with them. When the kids started groaning about them, I decided why not make some Instant Pot French Toast Bites to mix it up a little bit! This post gives you instructions on how to make them four ways!
These are quick to make, pretty, and a easy option for a brunch, potluck, or meal prep plan!
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Prep the Instant Pot French Toast:
This French toast recipe is pretty straight forward, and can also be made in the oven. I'll give you directions for both. First, cube four slices of bread. I used the regular store bought kind, nothing fancy.
In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon for the basic version of this recipe. Add the cubed bread to the bowl, and mix well.
Next, add the cubed bread to the whisked egg mixture. Stir well to combine.
Instant Pot French Toast 4-Ways
- Savory: Omit the cinnamon and vanilla, add ¼ cup of pre-cooked breakfast sausage and ⅛ cup of shredded cheese.
- Banana: Add ½ cup of roughly mashed banana, and increase cinnamon to a scant ½ teaspoon.
- Berry: Add ½ cup of fresh blueberries or strawberries (sliced), and ⅛ tsp of nutmeg.
Cook the Instant Pot French Toast Bites:
Spoon the mixture into a slightly greased silicone mold. Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot. Cover with foil, lower into Instant Pot onto rack, and cook on steam for 15 minutes. If you don't have the steam button, then just use the manual high pressure setting. Remove to wire rack to cool for a few minutes, then remove foil. If you want, you can put these in the oven under the broiler for a few minutes to brown up. However, this step is not necessary.
To bake in the oven simply preheat to 400-degrees, and spoon the mixture into a pre-greased muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
These are great for meal prep or make ahead breakfast for the entire family. Simply reheat in the microwave for 30 seconds up to one minute. Serve with powdered sugar or syrup.
Instant Pot French Toast Bites
- 4 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
Savory French Toast Bites
- ¼ cup breakfast sausage crumbled and cooked
- ⅛ cup cheese shredded
- Omit Cinnamon
Banana French Toast Bites
- ½ cup banana roughly mashed
- ¼ tsp cinnamon additional, if desired
Berry French Toast Bites
- ½ cup berries
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Cube the bread. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl then add the cubed bread. For one of the other flavors add or omit ingredients where indicated above.
Instant Pot Directions
- Add one cup of water to the Instant Pot. Spoon mixture into slightly pre-greased silicone mold then cover with foil. Insert rack with silicone mold into pressure cooker with one cup of water. Cook on steam for 15 minutes. Note: If you do not have the steam button then you can use the high pressure manual setting.
- Once complete, quick release the steam, and cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Remove foil, and serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Optional step: You may broil these for a few minutes in the oven if you desire, but it is not necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Spoon mixture into pre-greased muffin pans. Cook uncovered for twenty minutes or until cooked through.