I love eggs for breakfast, and usually don't get enough for my liking so these looked like a perfect fit for me. I bought a silicone mold so I could make some Instant Pot Omelette Bites for a quick grab and go breakfast for work this week. Bonus points for being able to make a big batch for the kids to eat on their summer break as well! Score!!!
I had heard these were delightful, so I decided to try out these awesome little Instant Pot Omelette Bites with my own twist on the idea.
Start off by getting out your 2-cup glass measuring cup, and put 2-cups of water in the bottom of your instant pot. I am a firm believer in using the least amount of dishes in the preparation of any dish so we are going to use the measuring cup to mix together our omelette mixture.
On this point, clearly, Mr. Monday Is Meatloaf may disagree....BUT....I really don't like to clean more dishes than I need to but I still dirty my fair share. LOL 😉
Slice up a couple of green onions, dice some green pepper, slice and dice some fresh mushrooms, and slice up your favorite deli ham then set aside.
Crack four eggs into your measuring cup.
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Whisk the eggs together with a mini whisk. Add the cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. Add in salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard, seasoned salt, and veggies. Whisk it together a little more to combine it well.
Place your silicone mold onto the rack that came with your instant pot, spray with a touch of Pam, and pour the egg mixture into each cup until each is about ¾ of the way full. Don't worry if you overpour a little as it should not matter that much. Gently place your filled mold into your instant pot.
Set your instant pot to the 'Steam' setting on high pressure for 8 minutes. Once finished, do a 10-minute natural release according to your manufacturer's directions. Remove rack with mold to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes. At this point you can let cool completely or dump the omelette bites out to a plate to continue cooling so you can move onto another delicious batch of Instant Pot Omelette Bites.
Of course, you can mix up the ingredients to your liking. Maybe a little smoked turkey instead of ham, some jalepeno, or some tomatoes with broccoli! Enjoy your Instant Pot Omelette Bites!
Instant Pot Omelette Bites
- 4 whole eggs beaten
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Handful green onions, green peppers, mushrooms diced and sliced, small
- 2 slices deli ham diced and sliced, small
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground mustard, and seasoned salt to taste
- ⅛ tsp hot sauce
- Whisk the eggs. Add cottage cheese and cheddar cheese then stir until well combined.
- Add vegetables, ham, and seasonings to egg mixture. Combine well.
- Pour egg mixture into greased silicone mold. Add two cups of water to the instant pot. Set in instant pot on rack. Close and lock lid.
- Set instant pot to steam on high pressure for 8 minutes. Once done, do a 10-minute natural release according to your manufacturers directions.
- Set on a wire rack to cool, and then remove to a storage container.
- Store for up to one week in an airtight container.