Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
Just imagine…being a working parent…planning out the perfect (or so you thought) weeknight meal prep plan, and then it just kind of all falls apart when you end up working later than expected. What a bummer, I know! But is it really? The best laid plans often fail but then it gives a wonderful opportunity to find out new interesting things!
Big disclaimer here, I had planned to make a beautiful kid-friendly one-pot dish with ground chicken…BUT…we ended up having take-out with the added bonus of being able to convert my Perfect Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs to Instant Pot No-Fail Buffalo Chicken Meatballs! With very few alterations I was in business for dinner another night this week! The extra time afforded me the chance to cut my time in half at least going forward with a family favorite recipe!
If you feel as though you may be seeing double you may be, but in the most delicious way!
This recipe is a family favorite and in the Instant Pot it’s a weeknight homerun! Forget the two hours or so in the crockpot, because I was able to cook this in less than hour with no flavor loss, and get a few extra winks for sleep! 🙂
Combine into a mixing bowl the ground chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, eggs, seasoned salt, Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing, water, breadcrumbs (for gluten-free substitute with gluten-free breadcrumbs), chives, and cayenne pepper. Mix it all together until well combined.
Form the ground chicken mixture into 1-1/2 inch balls. I put some olive oil on my hands as it is a sticky mixture so that it would make it easier to work with. There are two ways to brown your meatballs.
One way is to set your Instant Pot to the saute function, and brown in olive oil in batches which would take longer than the second way. When I make this recipe I cover two cookie sheets with foil, set my oven to broil, and then broil for ten minutes. Not only is it quicker but it’s easy clean-up!
While you are waiting for the chicken meatballs to brown in the oven, set your Instant Pot to the saute function. Melt your butter, and then hit the cancel button. Stir in until combined the Buffalo style hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup of water.
Add the chicken meatballs to the Instant Pot place lid on Instant Pot, and close. Cook on the poultry setting for 15 minutes, and then do a 10 minute Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes.
Instant Pot No Fail Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are great alone drizzled with Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing at a potluck, served with rice, or with potatoes. This is a great meal prep option, and so doable!
Instant Pot No Fail Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 tbsp blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp chives
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs can substitute with Gluten-Free
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Frank's Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine ground chicken, onion and garlic powder, eggs, seasoned salt, blue cheese or ranch dressing, water, chives, and breadcrumbs. Mix together well.
- Roll into roughly 1-1/2 inch balls. Broil in oven for ten minutes. Cover the cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute function and melt butter. Turn off and add the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the chicken meatballs to the Instant Pot, close the lid. Cook on the Poultry setting for 15 minutes, and then do a 10-minute natural pressure release.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects