These are hands down the best...I kid you not...Perfect Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs!
I have been struggling with what to do with ground chicken. I know the PC response is to say I've been cooking with it forever and a day so I know exactly what to do with it...but...I haven't. However, I made this and tested it on my kid's who have a very discriminating palate. They adored it!!! And, immediately asked for more!
The response was overwhelming! I made my initial batch in the morning, and served it up for lunch to the two hardest food critics I know--my boys. They thought they were so good, and then they asked for and got a second double batch that afternoon. Well, they are super easy to make so I did it. Solid gold!Â For dinner, meal prep, and office potlucks! 😉
Mix together the ground chicken, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, ranch dressing, seasoned salt, water, breadcrumbs (for a gluten-free and low-carb version substitute with Italian Seasoned Gluten Free Breadcrumbs), chives, and cayenne pepper. Form the mixture into one-inch balls and broil for ten minutes. This sets their shape so that they don't dissolve in the crockpot. After broiling, place the meatballs in the crockpot.
*Note: Chicken meatballs are a bit stickier, so be sure to dip your hands in a mixture of water with aÂ touch of olive oil to make the meatball forming process easier.
While these are broiling, prepare the buffalo sauce. Melt, five tablespoons of unsalted butter in the microwave. Combine with the Frank's Buffalo Ssuce and the Worcestershire sauce. Combine thoroughly then pour over the meatballs.
Then set your crockpot to the low setting for two hours. Stir half-way through. If you are taking this to the office for a potluck then prepare to this point then jump in the car with crockpot to plug-in at work for two hours. I guarantee, people will love these perfect easy crockpot Buffalo chicken meatballs. 🙂
Serve immediately with ranch dressing, or use as part of your meal prep. Store in an airtight container for up to one week. Delicious when paired with zucchini zoodles, fresh veggies, or brown rice. Enjoy, because I know we did!
Perfect Easy Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tsp ground onion powder
- 1 tsp ground garlic powder
- 1 whole egg
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp chives
- ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs can substitute gluten-free seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Frank's Buffalo Style hot sauce
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Combine ground chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, egg, seasoned salt, ranch dressing, water, breadcrumbs, chives, and cayenne pepper.
- Form into roughly one-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Broil for ten minutes.
- Place in crockpot, Combine butter, buffalo sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meatballs.
- Set crockpot to low for two hours. Stir halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately.Â