My Instant Pot Ranch Cheesy Potatoes are delicious! I am continuing my IP adventures by giving this classic a try with my own small twist, and they have been huge hit with my family. My advice when looking at a new recipe is give it you own twist to give a winning chance with your family.
This is a quick and easy side dish that tastes great with grilled chicken or pork, or some other meaty main dish!
Take your baby Yukon Gold or Red potatoes and cut in half then place in the Instant Pot. If you don’t happen to have baby potatoes then cut Yukon Gold or Red potatoes into roughly one-inch cubes with the skin on.
Add to the potatoes chicken broth (I used Better Than Bouillon – Roasted Chicken…it gives the potatoes a nice roasted kind of taste). Then add water, salt, pepper, and one packet of Ranch Seasoning.
So, just swirl all of that goodness together…and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes…with a quick release at the end. 🙂 Once you’ve done that set the Instant Pot on the Saute function then melt the remaining butter and the cheese of your choice. Once well combined, serve with you most delicious main dish.
Instant Pot Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes Yukon Gold, or Red
- 1 1-ounce packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup cheddar or colby-jack shredded cheese
- Cut potatoes in half then place in Instant Pot.
- Add Ranch dressing packet, chicken broth, water, salt, and pepper.
- Seal lid and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Do a quick release according to your manufacturer's direction.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute with unsalted butter and potatoes until butter is melted. Add in cheese and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects