One of the first things I cooked in my new Air Fryer was roasted chickpeas because they were so much easier than doing them in the oven. So much easier! They take way less time and hold their flavor profile so much better. Delicious, nutritious, and filling these Simply Seasoned Air Fryer Chickpeas make a great grab-and-go snack! Pair this up with some a great meal prep breakfast like Instant Pot Omelette Bites!
Air Fryer Chickpeas are truly an epiphany. In the oven, you would have to preheat to 450-degrees then toast and roast for 45 minutes to one hour. In the air fryer you have snack heaven that is vegan and gluten-free!
Season the Chickpeas
Take one can of canned Garbanzo beans, and drain. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste. I use fresh cracked salt and pepper - it really makes a difference! 🙂
Cook the Chickpeas
Cook the chickpeas on 400-degrees for 8 minutes. No preheat steps are necessary. Once done, toss the chickpeas in the basket and cook another 8 minutes on the same temperature. At this point the chickpeas have a crispy outer texture that won't break your teeth and send you to the dentist! With a robust flavor that is simple and satisfying if you did want them to be crispier...you could cook an extra 2 minutes after tossing instead of 8 minutes.
Remove from air fryer basket to a bowl or airtight container, and allow to cool. Serve the immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Air Fryer Simply Seasoned Chickpeas
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Open can of Garbanzo beans, and drain.
- Combine Garbanzo beans, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl then toss to coat.
- Place in air fryer basket, do not preheat. Cook on 400-degrees for 8 minutes. Remove basket from air fryer, toss gently, and cook an additional 8 minutes on 400-degrees.
- Remove from air fryer, and let cool. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. Happy snacking!