Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls are quickly becoming our favorite sweet breakfast treats! These are super easy to make with puff pastry, and they are done in 15 minutes. These are a really easy to add a great dish to your brunch or breakfast potluck just like my Instant Pot Egg Bites!
Why this works
- Addictive - these are really, really good! A lot like my monkey bread in the Instant Pot! The dark brown sugar and cinnamon really make a great combination with the puff pastry.
- Simple - since these use already made puff pastry they just take a few minutes to pull together. These are so simple that the kids could have a fun time helping to make them.
- Cheap - it's a relatively inexpensive breakfast or a nice dessert to curb that sweet tooth like my Oreo cheesecake.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Butter - I used unsalted. You can either melt or just soften the butter.
- Puff pastry - this should be thawed in the refrigerator.
How to make this
Step 1: Prepare the cinnamon roll filling
In a small bowl or measuring cup combine the melted or softened butter with the dark brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir vigorously until combined. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the cinnamon rolls and air fry
Unfold the thawed puff pastry on a cutting board. Take cinnamon brown sugar filling and spread out onto the pastry. Leave a space of about ½-inch around the edges.
Roll tightly starting on one of the long side. Roll until you reach the end of the pastry then turn leaving the seam side down. Cut into one-inch pieces. Place into a greased pan.
I do not preheat my air fryer for this recipe. Place your prepared rolls into your air fryer, or set inside the Instant Pot if you are using an air fryer lid like me.
Air fry at 400-degrees for 7-minutes. When finished remove from air fryer to cool. If desired, mix together powdered sugar with a small amount of water or milk to frost the finished rolls.
Add some cocoa or pecans for an interesting twist to your cinnamon rolls. Cut with a thin thread to make slicing easy. If your cut cinnamon rolls look a little flat roll them gently in the palm of your hand or on the counter to get that round shape back.
Cold but not frozen store bought pastry is best. Don't allow it to sit on the counter for long or will become sticky.
Puff pastry has to cook at a temperature of at least 400-degrees to crisp properly.
With heat, at least 400-degrees.
Storage & Reheating
If they last that long, be sure to store in an airtight container for up to one day. If wanting to serve warm, then heat gently in the oven or air fryer just prior to serving. You can freeze for up to one month without the frosting. Thaw in refrigerator.
More breakfast recipes
How to video
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 sheets puff pastry comes in a two-pack
- ½ cup butter unsalted, melted or softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- add water or milk until desired consistency is reached
- Thaw puff pastry in refrigerator.
- Mix together the butter, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl or measuring glass.
- Unfold a sheet of puff pastry on to a cutting board. Spread brown sugar mixture out on top leaving ½-inch of space at the edges.
- Roll tightly starting at one of the long sides. Roll until done with seam side down.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces, and place into a greased pan.
- Do not preheat air fryer. Air Fry at 400-degrees for 7 minutes.
- Once done, cool. Mix together the powdered sugar with a small amount of water or milk until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls.