Breakfast during the week for me needs to be portable, and quick to make that day or made ahead to reheat later. The morning rush of packing lunches, getting the kids to spring out of the bed, and just getting myself together to head out the door can be overwhelming at times.
Even though I love my Instant Pot Omelette Bites I was craving something just a little different. My Instant Pot Frittata is the perfect solution for a healthy breakfast that can be made ahead for a delicious breakfast meal prep.
There are a ton of options for this Instant Pot Frittata that could help fit a low-carb, or keto lifestyle. Packed with protein and vegetables this is a delicious and healthy breakfast for the weekday or wonderful weekend brunch.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Prepare the filling for the Frittata
For my frittata I thinly sliced some ripe tomatoes, which you could substitute halved grape tomatoes or sliced plum tomatoes. I sautéed sliced Vidalia onions, and spinach in a fry pan. Of course, you could use sliced green onions or shallots.
Also, you could add some broccoli florets for some extra veg. Arrange the sliced tomatoes, and cooked vegetables in the bottom of a slightly greased 7-inch round pan, I used a Fat Daddio pan.
You can leave this without meat or you can add the breakfast meat of your choice. I used cooked pork breakfast sausage, however, cooked bacon or ham could be used instead. Add a layer of cooked meat, if desired, to the top of the veggie layer. Follow this with a layer of shredded cheese.
Next in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk (water or nut milk can be substituted here), ground mustard, garlic salt, hot sauce, and pepper.
Cook the Frittata
Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the vegetables. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the Instant Pot with the rack. Place the pan on top of the rack, and seal the lid according to your manufacturers instructions.
Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, and then do a 10-minutes natural pressure release. Cool for a few minutes then carefully place a plate on top of the pan and flip out. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Healthy Instant Pot Frittata options
Keto – milk can be substituted with water
Whole 30 – milk can be substituted with water, and cheese can be replaced with an additional egg or vegetables or omitted entirely
Weight Watchers – 3 Smart Points per serving
Instant Pot Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk can substitute with water or nut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup pork breakfast sausage can substitute bacon or ham, or omit
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup onions sliced
- Slice tomatoes, and arrange in the bottom of a lightly greased round 7-inch pan. Slice onions, and combine with spinach in a heated medium pan for a few minutes to soften. Salt and pepper to taste if desired. Layer on top of tomatoes.
- Cook pork breakfast sausage or other meat of choice, and layer on top of vegetables. Add the cheese as the last layer.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, ground mustard, hot sauce, garlic salt, and pepper. Gently pour into pan. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the Instant Pot, and place rack into liner. Place the pan inside, and close the lid according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, and follow with a 10 minute natural pressure release. Cool for a few minutes, and then place a plate on top to flip the frittata out onto the plate. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.