Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds are easy to make and a healthy snack! Roasted in the air fryer until crispy these are delicious seasoned with your favorite flavors. This is a great way to use the whole pumpkin with zero-waste during the Fall season.
Why this works
- Easy - recipes don't really get easier than this air fryer pumpkin seed one. It's a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen with proper adult supervision. You could also get your gets involved by making cinnamon rolls for breakfast as well.
- Healthy - air fryer pumpkin seeds are a nutritious snack that help aid in digestion.
- Portable - a portable snack that you can take with you anywhere just like roasted chickpeas!
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Pumpkin seeds - should be free of pulp, and dry for these air fryer pumpkin seeds.
- Olive oil - I prefer olive oil, but you can use the oil of your choice here.
How to make this
Making roasted pumpkin seeds in the air fryer is pretty simple and straight forward. First remove the seeds from the pumpkin, and then separate the pulp from the seeds. Rinse the seeds with water in a colander.
Spread the seeds on a paper towel or parchment lined plate to air dry for 30 minutes or several hours. You can go straight to toasting them but this step will help to get them crispier.
Pour the oil and salt over the prepared seeds. Toss to coat the seeds with the oil and salt. Place the pumpkin seeds in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 360-degrees for 10-15 minutes. Toss the seeds every 5 minutes to ensure even roasting for these air fryer pumpkin seeds.
Some folks soak their seeds in water for air fryer pumpkin seeds, but this is not necessary. If anything this would steam the seeds resulting in chewy instead of crispy texture. You can roast the seeds from any type of pumpkin. You can also roast seeds using this method from other types of squash like butternut or acorn squash.
Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors by adding garlic salt or powder, cayenne pepper, or other spices.
The outer shell of the pumpkin seed is totally edible. You can eat them with or without the shell.
That is really up to you. You can shell them and just roast the meat or pepitas. Or, you can roast them shell on which is the most common way.
Yes, not only are they full of healthy nutrients but they can be added to a keto, low-carb, or other diets without adverse affects.
These are a great snack on their own or they can be added to salads, smoothies, or granola. Add them as a crunchy topping to butternut squash soup or oatmeal.
Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds are a great portable snack that have a long shelf life. Once roasted they can be stored for up to three months at room temperature, or up to as long as one year in the refrigerator or freezer. This makes these a great snack meal prep snack to make in big batches every few months or during the Fall for the year.
More snack recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds free of pulp, rinsed, and dried for 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil can use your oil of choice, amount can be adjusted for amount of seeds you are roasting
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Remove seeds from pumpkin, and separate them from the pulp. Rinse under water in a colander. Set aside on plate or paper towel for 30 minutes to dry.
- Air fry at 360-degrees for 10-15 minutes until desired level of crispiness is reached. Toss every five minutes until done.
- Serve immediately, or store at room temperature for up to three months. Can be stored up to one year in refrigerator or freezer.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!