My homemade garlic butter recipe comes together with just 3-ingredients in no time. I love using this to make garlic bread or add this to your favorite seafood to create a fantastic finishing sauce. Top your steaks for an extra decadent meal, or add to your favorite vegetable side dish.
Why this works
- Delicious - homemade garlic butter is good on pretty much anything. You can add this to mashed potatoes, or spread it on some fresh baked French bread.
- Pantry workhorse - garlic butter can be made and then frozen so you can use it in several meals in the future. You can quickly add flavor to chicken, or steamed broccoli.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Butter - I recommend using unsalted butter for this recipe. If used in other recipes where salt is already added may make the end result too salty.
- Parsley - fresh is best but an equivalent amount of dried herbs can be used. For this recipe, the dried equivalent would be two tablespoons for this homemade garlic butter recipe.
- Garlic - can be either fresh or already minced. I used already minced and it turned out great!
How to make this
In a small bowl combine the unsalted butter, garlic, and chopped parsley. Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated together.
You can form it into a log and then wrap it tightly in plastic, or you can spoon it into butter molds. Or you can simply store it in a bowl with a lid or covered with plastic wrap for use or serving later.
Make sure your butter has been allowed to come to room temperature on the counter for about an hour before using. Do not microwave to soften as you will end up with part softened and partly melted butter.
Make some garlic butter then melt in a small saucepan on the stove or in the microwave. Use a spoon to remove any foam from the top of the melted garlic butter.
Yes, it is actually better for you than margarine.
Serve or use immediately. You can also refrigerate this for up to five days. The garlic butter can also be frozen for up three months. Store wrapped in plastic or in an airtight container.
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Homemade Garlic Butter
- 1 cup butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic minced
- ⅛ cup parsley fresh, can substitute with two tablespoons dried parsley
- Soften the butter on the countertop.
- Combine the softened butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl then mix throughly.
- Use immediately or chill if needed.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to five days, or frozen for up to three months.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!