Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
Pumpkin Pie is a family favorite for many people around the holidays including mine! Pumpkin Pie certainly sounds easy to make, but sometimes the directions on the back of the pumpkin puree can be a little misleading often leading to undercooked pies.
Start with one recipe of Butter Pie Crust Pastry or one uncooked pie crust in a pie pan. Set aside while you make your filling.
Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
To make the pumpkin pie filling add to a bowl or mixer the canned pumpkin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, eggs, and evaporated milk. Mix ingredients until well combined.
Pour pumpkin pie filling into the prepared pie crust.
Bake in the pre-heated 450-degree oven for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350-degrees for the remainder of the cooking time. Cook for one hour and 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean. You may find yourself cooking this up to an hour-and-a-half depending on how well your oven holds heat. Always be sure to keep an eye out for the pie crust burning. I often pass on a pretty pie crust edge for a more delicious pie, but if you do put a decorative crust on be sure to cover with foil or pie crust saver.
Once baked, cool completely on a wire rack. Serve plain or topped with whipped cream. Enjoy your pumpkin pie!
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- 1 uncooked pie crust
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- Prepare one recipe of Butter PIe Crust Pastry or purchase a pie crust, and leave uncooked.
- Preheat oven to 450-degrees. Combine all ingredients into a bowl or mixer, and stir until well combined.
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into uncooked pie crust pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350-degrees for one hour and 15 minutes. Cook until done, or a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely until completely cooled, about two hours.
- Serve with whipped cream. Cover leftovers, and store for up to one week in the refrigerator.
*Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects