This spicy ketchup recipe will give a new level of flavor to your favorite appetizers, hamburgers, or hot dogs. Take store-bought ketchup then add some pantry spices and seasonings to give your dish a delicious zing!
Why this works
- Short-cut recipe - using ketchup you buy from the store with some pantry ingredients makes this very easy to make like my Boursin cheese recipe.
- Easy - it doesn't get any easier than unless you're making some pickled peppers.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Ketchup - any of your favorite store-bought kinds will do.
- Horseradish - be sure to get the actual horseradish spread and not one that has been made into a sauce.
- Seasonings - garlic powder and cayenne pepper help to give this recipe a bigger kick.
How to make this
In a small bowl combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together thoroughly.
I recommend allowing at least two hours to let this refrigerate so the flavors can mingle. However, you can use it right away.
If you want an even spicier spicy ketchup then increase the cayenne pepper. If you want less heat you can leave out the horseradish and reduce the cayenne pepper.
This condiment got its start in the United States.
The lycopene in tomatoes is a natural pigment that is also an antioxidant.
Serve this spicy ketchup recipe with burgers, Scotch eggs, or your favorite appetizer like Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket. This goes great when you want to add a little kick to your french fries or onion rings.
Storage & reheating
Store in an airtight container or jar for up to one week. You can also freeze this for up to one month.
More Instant Pot recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Spicy Ketchup Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- You can use it immediately, but it is best to allow the ketchup to chill for up to two hours.
- Store in an airtight container or jar for up to one week. Can be frozen for up to one month.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!