These air fryer lamb chops are very easy and quick to make for a romantic dinner for two. The chops are rubbed with garlic, and finished with a delicious horseradish cream sauce. You'll definitely be asking for seconds with this gem of a dish.
MY OTHER RECIPES
I am excited to share this recipe with you from my friend Urvashi Pitre from Two Sleevers in her new book Air Fryer Revolution which she gifted me to review. All the opinions below are my own, and I was not paid for this review.
Choosing your lamb chops
For this recipe you will be looking for loin chop. However, you can also select a rib, or sirloin chop as well. The meat should be a light red with white fat that is evenly distributed, marbling doesn't factor here as it might with beef. They should also be at least one-inch or more in thickness.
You will likely either find American lamb which is mild in flavor compared to it's New Zealand or Australian cousin. If you are serving this to someone that may not be familiar with the taste of lamb or is on the fence the milder version would be great to start with.
Seasoning the air fryer lamb chops
Brush the lamb chops lightly with oil, and rub with the garlic. Season to your taste with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. While this recipe is enough to serve two it can easily be doubled or even tripled to feed a larger crowd.
Preparing the horseradish cream sauce
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, and sugar. Stir together to combine well. We will use half of this for cooking and the other half for serving.
Be sure to buy a good quality horseradish, and not a sauce. Now you can, of course, buy a prepared horseradish cream sauce off the shelf versus making one. 😉
Cooking the air fryer lamb chops
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil. Cook the lamb chops on 325-degrees for 10 minutes turning once half way through the cooking time. I have a Go-Wise air fryer, so I had to set mine to 330-degrees for 9 minutes.
Remove the chops from the air fryer, and add to the bowl with half the horseradish sauce. Turn to coat, and place back in the air fryer. Cook at 400-degrees for 3 minutes. Be sure to check that the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145-degrees for medium rare.
Serve immediately, with the remainder of the horseradish cream sauce. These would be great to serve along side my Instant Pot Green Beans with Onions, and some Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll Apple Galette for dessert!
My Thoughts on Air Fryer Revolution
With 100 drool-worthy recipes gracing this cookbook I loved the simplicity of this recipes and other like it in the book. The focus on fresh foods with simple preparation is perfect for a healthy lifestyle. This cookbook is perfect if you are looking for recipes that are low-carb, nut-free, soy-free, dairy-free, grain-free, or gluten-free recipes.
The air fryer is a small convenient appliance, and the recipes in this cookbook will help you maximize the flavor in each dish. I love the great appetizers, veggie dishes, and interesting main dishes like this lamb recipe. One of the best things is they are all super healthy for you.
Lamb Chops with Horseradish Sauce is excerpted from AIR FRYER REVOLUTION: 100 Crispy, Healthy, Fast & Fresh Recipes Â© 2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography Â©2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops with Horseradish Sauce
- 4 lamb loin chops
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- vegetable oil spray for cooking
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp prepared horseradish may reduce to 1 tbsp if desired
- 2 tsp sugar
- For the lamb: Brush the lamb chops with the oil, rub with the garlic, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce: In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, horse radish, and sugar. Stir until well combined. Set aside half of the sauce for serving.
- Spray the air fryer basket with vegetable oil spray and place the chops in the basket. Set the air fryer to 325Â°F for 10 minutes, turning the chops halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the chops from the air fryer and add to the bowl with the horse radish sauce, turning to coat with the sauce. Place the chops back in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 400Â°F for 3 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached an internal temperature of 145Â°F (for medium- rare).
- Serve the chops with the reserved horseradish sauce.