My Meatloaf with Italian Roasted Vegetables features a classic meatloaf recipe for a one pot meal that gets on the table quickly. This would be great followed up by Instant Pot Golden Oreo Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
MY OTHER RECIPES
Prepare the meatloaf:
Finely dice one small onion, and green pepper then cook in the Instant Pot on the saute function or on the stove until softened in a medium pan or about 5 minutes. If you don't have small ones then you can do half each of a large onion or green pepper. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside once done to cool slightly.
Place in a large bowl about a pound or so of ground beef. For my Meatloaf with Italian Roasted Vegetables I like to use an 80/20 mixture of ground beef. This mixture ensures enough fat content for flavor and moistness without turning out a dry or greasy meatloaf.
Add to the ground beef the ground mustard, black pepper, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, ⅓ cup of ketchup, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, and the cooked vegetables.
Mix all of this together until it is well combined. Personally, I like to use a Parmesan-Romano blend of cheese but plain Parmesan will work fine. Fresh grated cheese can be used for this recipe, but I used the good old cheap kind. 😉
Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf. It won't be long before you're enjoying this Meatloaf with Italian Roasted Vegetables! It just so happened that I could easily do this in my bowl. The meatloaf can be prepped ahead to this point wrapped tightly in plastic then cooked the next day if you like.
Place the meatloaf onto a sheet of aluminum foil then curl up the sides so the meatloaf kind of sits in an oblong bowl. It kind of reminds me of the little paper ships I used to make as kid. LOL This meatloaf measured out to be about 9-inches long so this yielded about 8 one-slices of meatloaf.
Prep the vegetables for the meatloaf
In the Instant Pot or oven proof baking pan place your potatoes, carrots, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning packet in then toss gently to coat. Place your meatloaf into the Instant Pot or Pan leaving the top of the meatloaf uncovered.
Cook the meatloaf and add the topping
To cook in the Instant Pot seal the lid and cook on high pressure for 18 minutes. To cook in the oven preheat the oven to 375-degrees then cook for one hour or until done.
While waiting for the meatloaf to cook make the topping by combining the remaining ketchup, mustard, and dark brown sugar. Once the meatloaf is cook remove from Instant Pot or oven then pour the topping on top then broil for 6 minutes.
Serve immediately and store leftovers for up to one week in an airtight container. If you liked this you may enjoy Instant Pot Monkey Crack Bread, Classic Chicken Pot Pie, or Extra Cheesy Taco Casserole!
Instant Pot Meatloaf with Italian Roasted Vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef generous pound
- 1 onion small, finely diced
- 1 green pepper small, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup parmesan romano cheese grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 egg
Italian Seasoned Potatoes
- 3 cups golden baby potatoes
- 3 cups carrots baby carrots or large chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Saute finely diced onion and green pepper for a few minute until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Combine and mix well the ground beef, cooked vegetables, ground mustard, peppers, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, ⅓ cup ketchup, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and egg.
- Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf, and place on a piece of aluminum foil that is formed to go halfway up the sides. Leave the top uncovered.
- Add the chicken broth, Italian seasoning packet, baby potatoes, and carrots to the Instant Pot or baking pan. Toss to coat, and place the meatloaf on top.
- Mix in a small bowl the remaining ketchup, yellow mustard, and brown sugar. Pour on top of the meatloaf. Set aside. This step can be done while the meatloaf is cooking.
- In the oven, bake at 375-degrees for one hour or until done. Remove from oven, and pour topping on top. Put back in the oven to broil for 6 minutes.
- In the Instant Pot, seal the lid to cook on high pressure for 18-minutes. Once finished do a quick release to immediately release the pressure. Pour the topping on top, and broil for 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with cooked vegetables. Can be stored up to one week in an airtight container.