Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a great grab-and-go breakfast that is easy to make in the Instant Pot. A delicious way to make your produce go farther at the end of the week this is an opportunity to use up those unwanted banana's into a delicious quick bread that everyone will love. If you love this recipe you'll enjoy my Easy Banana Cake Recipe too!
This quick bread is perfect for the Instant Pot as it will turn out moist and dense. Honestly, I had 6...no less than 6...banana's that I was looking at earlier this weekend, and thinking...there's no way I'm throwing these out! I love banana bread BUT one of the things I don't like is how often I find myself cooking it way longer my recipe called for, or heating up my little Florida house for a lot longer than I need to. I thought, well, there is no need to heat up the house when I have my little magic pot so I decided to make Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Take two ripe banana's (medium to large) and mash. You should end up with one cup of mashed banana. One of the thing's I loved while testing this recipe is that I literally just dumped everything in a bowl mixed it up then put it in the Instant Pot to bake. No worries, and no babysitting. 🙂
Combine in a bowl or mixer all, and I mean ALL the ingredients.
Grease a 7-inch Bundt pan with melted butter, and pour batter into pan evenly.
Smooth down the batter. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the Instant Pot.
Place the Bundt pan, uncovered, on the rack that came with your Instant Pot. Lower into the Instant Pot. Set to high pressure for 47 minutes. Once done do a 15-minute quick release according to your Manufacturers directions. Be sure to remove the lid quickly as not to drip to much water onto the top of the uncovered bread. 😉
Note this can also be made in a 7-inch round pan, but this will increase the amount of high pressure time from 47 minutes to one hour. Do not use a glass bowl to make this as it will not cook through given the small base but large round top.
Remove from Instant Pot to a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Remove from Bundt pan, and serve immediately. Leftovers can be sliced and kept for up to one week in an airtight container.
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 large bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt generous
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups water for cooking in Instant Pot
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl or mixer until well mixed.
- Butter a 7-inch Bundt pan, and pour batter in evenly. A 7-inch round pan may be used, but not a glass bowl.
- Put 1 ½ cups water into the Instant Pot, lower Bundt pan on rack into the pot. Cook on high pressure for 47 minutes with a 15 minute natural pressure release. If using a 7-inch round pan increase high pressure time to 60 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool for 15-minutes then remove from pan.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week.