Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
A quick and easy side dish that is perfect for any holiday or special occasion are my Instant Pot Green Beans with Onions. Simply seasoned you can cook this on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot. This recipe is a dump and start recipe that can also be a wonderful office potluck dish.
Start by trimming off the ends of the green beans, and snap the beans. Snap the beans by bending the beans and breaking the bean into roughly one-inch or so pieces. They do not have to be perfectly sized pieces. Put the green beans into the Instant Pot or large pot if using the stove top.
Next, dice a small onion. Add to the green beans. Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the Instant Pot or large pot then give a good stir.
If using the Instant Pot you will need to close and seal the lid. Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for two minutes. Follow with a three minute natural pressure release according to your manufacturers directions.
If cooking on the stovetop bring the green beans to boil, and cook for about twenty minutes.
You may enjoy your Instant Pot Green Beans with some Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy or Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin with Herbed Goat Cheese, Spinach, & Mushrooms!
Instant Pot Green Beans (+ Stove Top)
- 1 pound green beans trimmed and snapped
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder may be reduced to 1/2 tsp if desired
- 1 cup chicken broth for Instant Pot
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth for Stovetop, (enough to cover)
- Trim and snap green beans add to Instant Pot or large pot.
- Dice onion and add to the Instant Pot or large pot with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Instant Pot - Add one cup of chicken broth. Seal lid, and cook on manual high pressure for two minutes. Do a natural pressure release for three minutes according to your manufacturers directions.
- Stove top- Add 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth to pot. Beans must be covered, if not you can add additional broth or water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes. Note this will increase the original prep and cook time to a total of 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects