Last Updated on October 31, 2020 by Tina
Sous Vide Lemon Chicken is so easy to make in the Instant Pot. This makes the most perfect moist chicken with very little effort. Cook to tender perfection and then finished on the grill or in a pan this makes a great hands off meal prep.
Monday is Meatloaf is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
What is sous vide?
Sous Vide is French and means "under vacuum". Once a technique used by high end restaurants it eventually made it way to institutional kitchen then to the home cook. The technique relies on cooking in a temperature controlled water bath at a consistent temperature.
According to Food & Wine, this method of cooking since the 1700's but coming into common practice in when Chefs Pierre and Michele Troisgros started using it at their restauraunt in Roanne, France. From there it continued to take off and become popular.
Season and prep the chicken
Take three to four boneless skinless chicken breasts then season with salt and pepper. Squeeze several drops of lemon juice on top of the chicken. Place two lemon slices and a pat of butter on top of each piece of chicken. Add your fresh herbs to the top of the chicken as well.
Preheat the 6-Quart Instant Pot Duo Evo to 150-degrees using the Sous Vide function. Once it has come to temperature place the prepared bags inside, and close lid. Leave open and placed on venting. Cook for 4 hours, or until done at 165-degrees. I like to use either a ThermoWorks MK4 Thermapen or ThermoWorks ThermoPop to check the done temperature.
Once done remove from bags, and finish with some browning. You can pan fry a few minutes in either a large frying pan or grill pan. Or you can fire up the outdoor grill and finish there. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Lemon Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 lemon halved, one half sliced
- 1 bunch fresh herbs rosemary, thyme, chives, oregano, and parsley
- 4 tbsp butter I used unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- With one half of the lemon squeeze several drops of lemon juice on each breast.
- Top each chicken breast with one tablespoon of butter, one slice of lemon, and fresh herbs.
- Seal in vacuum sealer bag with Foodsaver. Preheat sous vide to 150-degrees, and set timer to 4 hours.
- Once pre-heated place sealed bags in Instant Pot. and close lid. Do not set to sealing.
- Once cooking is done remove from bags. Brown if desired in frying pan, grill pan, or on grill.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.