This two-ingredient air fryer danish recipe is an easy sweet treat that is done in just a few minutes in your air fryer. These are great for a quick breakfast any day of the week or for special occasions.
Why this works
- Two ingredients - just a couple of simple ingredients are needed for these air fryer danishes.
- Quick - these are quick like my air fryer beignets!
- Simple - easy but delicious you can change up the filling from everything from cream cheese to fruit to chocolate! If you like changing up the ingredients in a recipe then you'll love my Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice recipe where you can create your own bowls.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Phyllo pastry dough - is also referred to as puff pastry. Be sure to thaw your dough in the refrigerator prior to using it. Or thaw on the countertop for 15 minutes prior to using.
- Jam - use your favorite jam or mix it up with some cream cheese or chocolate chips.
How to make this
Lay the thawed phyllo pastry dough out on a cutting board, and cut it into 6 equal squares. There is no need to roll out the dough since you can use it like it is for this recipe.
Spoon the filling in the middle of the square. Fold two opposite sides together to form the pastry.
Place the prepared air fryer danishes in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until the pastry is puffy and browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool or to a plate for serving.
If you are not going to work with the dough right away be sure to thaw and keep it in the fridge. Keep the dough covered while working with the other sheets to keep it from drying out.
Cool the danishes on a wire rack to prevent the cooked phyllo dough from getting soggy after cooking. Dust with powdered sugar for a sweeter air fryer danish.
No, since Danish pastry contains 40% fat and is made with yeast. Puff pastry has a more airy structure and a crispier bite.
Store in an airtight container or plastic storage bag for up to two days. To freeze be sure the pastries are completely cool then freeze in a single layer in a plastic bag. Thaw in the refrigerator prior to eating.
More air fryer recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Danish
- 1 box Phyllo Pastry Dough also called puff pastry dough
- ½ cup jam
- Thaw puff pastry in the refrigerator, or on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Cut each sheet of pastry dough into 6 pieces.
- Fill the center of each danish with a tablespoon of filling. Fold in and pinch two opposing sides of the square.
- Place in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container or plastic back for up to two days. Freeze once completely cooled for up to one month and thaw in the refrigerator prior to eating.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!