A fantastic recipe for homemade mini pizzas! It can be ready to eat in ten minutes and with the charming personal pizza size, it makes for a super quick and easy lunch or snack!
Why this works
- Party Food - Perfect for appetizers for a party, just make and cut into pieces to serve. Pair this with some Buffalo Chicken Meatballs or Air Fryer Ravioli for your next get-together!
- Super quick - this is one of the quickest meals you can make in the air fryer. This gets dinner on the table fast like my Instant Pot Beef and Rice.
- Customize it - every person can make their air fryer naan pizza exactly the way they want it. Just as easy as my cinnamon rolls!
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Naan bread - this can be store-bought or homemade naan bread. You can also use other flatbreads to make this.
- Pizza sauce - can be a red sauce, Alfredo sauce, or BBQ sauce depending on your topping.
- Toppings - are really up to you so use your imagination.
How to make this
Step 1: Building the mini pizza
Make a batch of my homemade naan bread or use store-bought naan bread instead.
If desired brush with melted or softened garlic butter for extra flavor.
Spread a large spoonful of pizza sauce on each piece of naan bread. Spread almost to the edge leaving a small edge for the crust.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and top with pepperoni or the other toppings of your choice.
Step 2: Air Frying the naan pizza
Cook in the air fryer at 375 degrees for 6 minutes. Since all air fryers are different check the pizza at 4-minutes to see if it is done. And there you go! A delicious air fryer naan pizza!
You can use tortillas or pita bread if you cannot find naan bread at the store.
Add cheese on top of the pepperoni to prevent it from flying around.
Precook the naan for two minutes in the air fryer for a crispier crust.
Add parchment paper under the pizza to keep the sauce and cheese from dripping.
The only real difference between pizza and naan is the dough. Pizza dough is relatively lean -- just flour, yeast salt, and water, whereas naan is a much richer dough with dairy in it. This affects the texture in a number of ways.
Yep! It is perfectly safe. The only reason I recommend warming it up is simply for the taste and texture. When naan bread is cold it can be cold and a little rigid. It's much nicer warmed up.
1) Turn your oven on pretty low (around 200 degrees).
2) Wrap your hot naan tightly between two sheets of tinfoil.
3) Place this bundle in the oven and leave it as long as you need to.
Storage & reheating
Serve immediately, or store your air fryer naan pizza in an airtight container for up to one week. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
More air fryer recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Air Fryer Naan Pizza
- Make a recipe of homemade naan bread or use store-bought naan bread.
- If desired brush with melted or softened garlic butter for extra blavor.
- Spread a large spoonful of pizza sauce on each piece of naan bread. Spread almost to the edge leaving a small edge for the crust.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and top with pepperoni or the other toppings of your choice.
- Cook in the air fryer at 375-degrees for 6 minutes. Since all air fryers are differnt check the pizza at 4-minutes to see if it is done.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!