Quick and easy, this Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs takes under 15-minutes from prep to serving! Perfect for those busy nights if you’re rushing from work to activities. The whole family is sure to adore this American classic, and there is more than enough to go around or to serve again for leftovers later.
Why this works
- Quick and Easy - You can hardly beat a 15-minute prep! Not to mention that most ingredients are often ready at hand, and even if not – all are easily found, much like my cheesy ziti recipe.
- One-Pot Meal - Fewer dishes are inherently a plus! For another one-pot recipe, check out my easy one-pot sausage and potatoes!
- Pure Comfort Food - This recipe is sure to please even your pickiest eaters! If you like this, you’ll probably love mom’s tuna helper recipe or some Instant Pot Ground Beef and Rice.
Ingredients you will need
Here is a quick snapshot of the ingredients you'll need. Scroll down to the recipe card where you'll find exact measurements.
- Frozen meatballs – I do not thaw my meatballs, however, you can use thawed or fresh meatballs. Just add 2-minutes to the cooking time.
- Spaghetti pasta – Uncooked and broken in half to fit the pot.
- Spaghetti sauce – Your favorite kind! Any brand will work so make sure to use your favorite!
How to make this
Step 1: Add and season the frozen meatballs
Add the frozen meatballs into the Instant Pot and add all the seasonings (except sugar). Next, pour in the Worcestershire sauce.
If you are using fresh meatballs be sure to either sear those in a pan on saute first, or broil them in the oven for 10-minutes. This keeps them from becoming mushy later.
Step 2: Add the pasta
Break the spaghetti pasta in half and arrange them in a layer over the meatballs in a crisscross pattern.
Pour the olive oil evenly over the pasta. Pour the beef broth over the pasta evenly to get it all wet.
Step 3: Add the sauce and cook
Add in the spaghetti sauce next– over top of the pasta. DO NOT STIR! Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the spaghetti sauce.
Cook on high pressure for 8– minutes followed by a controlled quick release.
A controlled quick release means releasing the pressure in short bursts to prevent the pasta liquid from spraying out the top of the pressure cooker.
The ingredients for Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs are layered to prevent a burn notice. Make sure you DO NOT STIR prior to cooking.
Don't be afraid to be adventurous with your spices - add some hot red pepper flakes for a little more spice, and amp up the spices if you like. You can also mix and match the suggested seasonings, or leave out what you like to suit your tastes.
Any excess liquid should absorb into the sauce once you stir the spaghetti after cooking. If any noodles are clumping together, be sure to break these apart with a spoon or fork.
It’s going to be okay, just let the dish sit for a few minutes before serving, the pasta will absorb the extra liquid.
Yep! Chicken broth and even water will work just as well!
All is not lost! Just add ¼ to ½ cups of water, reseal the pot and let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes before checking on it again. Or cook until done on saute.
How to video
More Instant Pot recipes
Did you try this recipe? Why not leave a star rating and/or a review in the comment section below to tell us about it! I always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to sign up for our email list, or follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, or Instagram!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 pound Italian-style frozen meatballs do not thaw
- 1 16-ounce box spaghetti pasta uncooked
- 1 24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups beef broth can substitute with water, I used unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes can substitute with finely chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the frozen meatballs into the Instant pot into a layer.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings except the sugar over the meatballs, and add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Break the spaghetti pasta in half and arrange them in a layer over the meatballs in a crisscross pattern. Pour the olive oil evenly over the pasta.
- Pour the beef broth over the pasta evenly to get it all wet.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce over top the pasta. DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the spaghetti sauce.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes followed by a controlled quick release. A controlled quick release is releasing the pressure in short bursts. This will prevent the pasta liquid from spraying out the top of the pressure cooker.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to one week. Reheat on warm or in the microwave for a few minutes.
Don't forget to join our Facebook Group for Instant Pot and Air Fryer recipes!