Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
I’ve always really enjoyed ham at the holidays, but always thought it was a tad to sweet. This Easy Spiced Ham with Pineapple Crusted Glaze brings a perfect balance of spice and sweet together on one plate. I often like to scoop up ham over the holidays while its on sale to pull out for a quick Sunday family dinner.
A store bought spicy pork rub paired with a sweet crushed pineapple crust makes it look like you’ve spent hours bent over an oven to turn out this delicious main course Holiday dish.
First, find the perfect sized smoked ham from the store. Add your favorite spicy pork rub to the outside of the ham. Place cut side down in a 13×9 baking dish. Bake according to the manufacturers directions, or cook at 325-degrees for 20 minutes per pound. Cook in the lower part of the oven.
While this is cooking combine into a small bowl the crushed pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and dark brown sugar. This mixture smells incredible! I had to stop myself from eating it before putting it on the ham! This might make a great ice cream topping I was thinking to myself. 🙂
Once the ham has cooked with 30 minutes remaining remove from the oven, and top with the pineapple mixture. Return to the oven on the broil setting, and cook for the last 30 minutes on this setting.
Remove from the oven, and let rest for ten minutes prior to serving. Enjoy your Easy Spiced Ham with Pineapple Crusted Glaze this holiday season! Not to mention the leftovers can be used for sandwiches, soups, casseroles, and breakfast!
Easy Spiced Ham with Pineapple Crusted Glaze
- 1 Smoke Ham 5-6 pounds
- 1/3 cup Spicy Pork Rub
Crushed Pineapple Crust
- 1 20-ounce can Crushed Pineapple with juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Remove smoked ham from plastic wrap, and coat evenly with spicy pork rub. Place cut side down in a 13×9 baking dish. Cook 20-minutes per pound or cook according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Prepare the Crushed Pineapple Crust recipe below.
- When you have 30-minutes remaining, remove the ham from the oven. Set to the Broil setting. Top and cover with the Crushed Pineapple Crust topping. Broil (not close to the broiling element) for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 10-minutes prior to serving. Serve immediately or enjoy the yummy leftovers for up to a week.
Crushed Pineapple Crust
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping into a small bowl, and mix well.
- Set aside, and follow the above instructions for finishing the ham.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Usual Suspects