Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you for qualifying purchases as a participant in the Amazon Associates program.
Fish?!?! In the Instant Pot? You’ve got to be kidding, right??! LOL Plus it’s healthy, low-carb, and keto-friendly but tastes delicious!
Or, so I thought! Tonight I picked up some fresh salmon from the grocery, and did some of it in the oven then some of it in the Instant Pot. I really was curious if the fish in the Instant Pot would compare to more traditional methods of cooking it. I was surprised that it did! 🙂 This would go great with my Instant Pot Green Beans with Onions or Bacon Brussel Sprouts followed up with my Instant Pot Cinnamon Apple Galette for dessert! Be sure to PIN the recipe for later because you won’t want to miss out on a treat like this!
Prep the compound butter for the Instant Pot Herbed Lemon Salmon:
The nice thing about compound herb butter is that it is delicious with tons of yummy things like salmon or steak. So, a little is good but more is better!
Soften the unsalted butter. Get some fresh herbs, and chop them up finely.
Add in some fresh cracked pepper, and some minced garlic then store in the freezer until you’re ready to use it. Putting the compound butter in the freezer will keep it’s form, and keep it from melting to quickly when you are prepping the salmon. It sounds complicated but it’s pretty easy!
Pro tip: The compound butter can be made up to a week in advance. Freeze for thirty minutes prior to cooking in Instant Pot. This is especially also yummy melted over steak!
Prep the Instant Pot Herbed Lemon Salmon:
Take the salmon filets, and lay on a piece of foil then take slices or chunks of the compound butter and place on top. Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice on the salmon then lay a couple of thinly sliced lemon on top of the filets. Fold the foil gently over the sides of the salmon but leave the top uncovered.
Pour one cup of water in the Instant Pot with the dill. Yes, I really just did say to put the dill in the cooking water in the pressure cooker. The reason why is because it’s a strong herb, and doing this will give a nice layer of flavor to the salmon without overpowering it. Place the rack from the IP in the pot. Gently place the foiled salmon on the rack.
Cook the Instant Pot Herbed Lemon Salmon:
Seal the lid on the Instant Pot, and set to high pressure for 3 minutes. Once done do a quick release then serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to three days.
Instant Pot Herbed Lemon Salmon
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter 1/8 cup
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs (rosemary, parsely, and basil) finely chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 2 salmon filets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 cup water for cooking in the Instant Pot
- 1 tsp dill put in cooking water
- Soften butter then combine with garlic, herbs, and pepper to taste. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place filets on foil then salt and pepper to taste. Take chunks of compound butter, and place on top filets. Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice on salmon then lay a few thin slices on top. Curl up sides of foil but do not cover the top.
- Add the rack that came with the Instant Pot in the inner pot. Add one cup of water to the inner pot with the dill. Place the foiled salmon on top of the rack.
- Seal the lid to the Instant Pot, and cook for three minutes on high pressure. Once finished do a quick release according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or store up to three days in an airtight container.